Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 39, No. 4 (2015)
Aesthetic Violence: Art and Indigenous Ways of Knowing
Guest Editors: June Scudeler and Patricia Marroquin Norby
- Editor’s Note
- Forever Crossing Over: At the Intersection of John T. William’s Life and Memorial by Thomas Michael Swensen
- “Indians on Top”: Kent Monkman’s Sovereign Erotics by June Scudeler
- The Red Sweater: Family, Intimacy, and Visual Self-Representations by Patricia Marroquin Norby
- Note on the Process of Performance by James Luna with Renée Sueppel
- Indigenous in Cyberspace: CyberPowWow, God’s Lake Narrows, and the Contours of Online Indigenous Territory by David Gaertner
- Unlocking the Songs: Marcie Rendon’s Indigenous Critique of Frances Densmore’s Native Music Collecting by Gretchen Peters
- Raised on My Mother’s Love Alone: A Mayan Theater Collective Contests Gender Violence by Susannah Daniels
- Dinjii Zhuh: Productive Disruptions by Jeneen Frei-Njootli
Whirling [from the center, deliver us]
- American Indians and the Rhetoric of Removal and Allotment by Jason Edward Black. Reviewed by Kristin Ruppel.
- Brethren by Nature: New England Indians, Colonists, and the Origins of American Slavery. By Margaret Ellen Newell. Reviewed by Max Flomen.
- Dangerous Spirits: The Windigo in Myth and History. By Shawn Smallman. Reviewed by Jennifer S. H. Brown.
- The Divided Dominion: Social Conflict and Indian Hatred in Early Virginia.
By Ethan A. Schmidt. Reviewed by Keith Pluymers.
- Empire by Collaboration: Indians, Colonists, and Governments in Colonial Illinois Country. By Robert Michael Morrissey. Reviewed by Robert McColley.
- Indigenous Women, Work, and History: 1940–1980. By Mary Jane Logan McCallum. Reviewed by Katie Keliiaa.
- The Life of William Apess, Pequot. By Philip F. Gura. Reviewed by Paul Pasquaretta.
- Métis and the Medicine Line: Creating a Border and Dividing a People.
By Michel Hogue. Reviewed by Bonita Lawrence.
- My Grandfather’s Knocking Sticks: Ojibwe Family Life and Labor on the Reservation. By Brenda J. Child. Reviewed by Gregory Gagnon.
- Natchez Country: Indians, Colonists, and the Landscapes of Race in French Louisiana. By George Edward Milne. Reviewed by Gordon M. Sayre.
- Native Americans on Network TV: Stereotypes, Myths, and the “Good Indian.” By Michael Ray FitzGerald. Reviewed by Caryn Murphy.
- Native Diasporas: Indigenous Identities and Settler Colonialism in the Americas. Edited by Gregory D. Smithers and Brooke N. Newman. Reviewed by Clementine Bordeaux.
- Native Women and Land: Narratives of Dispossession and Resurgence. By Stephanie J. Fitzgerald. Reviewed by Traci Brynne Voyles.
- New Voices for Old Words: Algonquin Oral Literatures. Edited by David J. Costa. Reviewed by Phillip H. Round.
- The Queerness of Native American Literature. By Lisa Tatonetti. Reviewed by Jeremy M. Carnes.
- Red Skin, White Masks: Rejecting the Colonial Politics of Recognition. By Glen Sean Coulthard. Reviewed by Alexander Keller Hirsch.
- Restorying Indigenous Leadership: Wise Practices in Community Development. Edited by Cora Voyageur, Laura Brearley, and Brian Calliou. Reviewed by Michael Lerma.
- Sharing Our Knowledge: The Tlingit and Their Coastal Neighbors. Edited by Sergei Kan. Reviewed by David Arnold.
- Structuring Sovereignty: Constitutions of Native Nations. By Melissa L. Tatum, Miriam Jorgensen, Mary E. Guss, and Sarah Deer. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- This Benevolent Experiment: Indigenous Boarding Schools, Genocide, and Redress in Canada and the United States. By Andrew Woolford. Reviewed by David Wallace Adams
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org