Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 45, No. 1 (2021)
- An Introduction to Settler Science and the Ethics of Contact by David Delgado Shorter and Kim TallBear
- Indigenous Studies Working Group Statement by Sonia Atalay, William Lempert, David Delgado Shorter, and Kim TallBear
- On the Frontier of Redefining "Intelligent Life" in Settler Science by David Delgado Shorter
- From Interstellar Imperialism to Celestial Wayfinding: Prime Directives and Colonial Time-Knots in SETI by William Lempert
- Imaginative Cosmos: The Impact of Colonial Heritage in Radio Astronomy and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence by Rebecca Charbonneau
- On Being Late: Cruising Mauna Kea and Unsettling Technoscientific Conquest in Hawai‘i by David Uahikeaikalei‘ohu Maile
- G-Men, Green Men, and Red Land: Extraterrestrial Miscreants, Federal Jurisdiction, and Exceptional Space by Fantasia Painter
- “What’s on the earth is in the stars; and what’s in the stars is on the earth”: Lakota Relationships with the Stars and American Relationships with the Apocalypse by Suzanne Kite
- Close Encounters of the Colonial Kind by Kim TallBear
- Breath and Smoke: Tobacco Use among the Maya. Edited by Jennifer A. Loughmiller-Cardinal and Keith Eppich. Reviewed by David Carey Jr.
- Dakota in Exile: The Untold Stories of Captives in the Aftermath of the U.S.–Dakota War. By Linda A. Clemmons. Reviewed by Richmond L. Clow
- The Dakota Sioux Experience at Flandreau and Pipestone Indian Schools. By Cynthia Leanne Landrum. Reviewed by Robert W. Galler Jr.
- Distorted Descent: White Claims to Indigenous Identity. By Darryl Leroux. Reviewed by J?rgen Werner Kremer
- Knowing Native Arts. By Nancy Marie Mithlo. Reviewed by Gerald Clarke
- Native Hoops: The Rise of American Indian Basketball, 1895–1970. By Wade Davies. Reviewed by Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- Policing Indigenous Movements: Dissent and the Security State. By Andrew Crosby and Jeffrey Monaghan. Reviewed by Stephanie Lumsden
- Possessing Polynesians: The Science of Settler Colonial Whiteness in Hawai‘i and Oceania. By Maile Renee Arvin. Reviewed by Nicole Ku’uleinapuananiolikoawapuhimelemeleolani Furtado
- Sámi Media and Indigenous Agency in the Arctic North. By Coppélie Cocq and Thomas A. Dubois. Reviewed by Beverly Diamond
- The Small Shall Be Strong: A History of Lake Tahoe’s Washoe Indians. By Matthew S. Makley. Reviewed by Patrick De?ileligi Burtt
Individual's Price: $18.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com