Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 43, No. 2 (2019)
Rethinking Blackness and Indigeneity in the Light of Settler Colonial Theory
Guest Editor: Circe Sturm
- Settler Unfreedoms by Shanya Cordis
- Racial-Settler Capitalism: Character Building and the Accumulation of Land and Labor in the Late Nineteenth Century by Sarah E. K. Fong
- Reading Bodies, Writing Blackness: Anti-/Blackness and Nineteenth-Century Kanaka Maoli Literary Nationalism by Joyce Pualani Warren
- Racial Necrogeographies and the Making of White Space: The Life and Death of Nineteenth-Century Indigenous and Black Burial Places in Rural Ontario by William Felepchuk
- Silko’s Vévé and the Web of Differing Versions by Reid Gómez
- Land of Opportunity: Anti-Black and Settler Logics in the Gentrification of Detroit by Jessi Quizar
- Settler/Colonial Violences: Black and Indigenous Coalition Possibilities through Intergroup Dialogue Methodology by Kelsey Dayle John and Kimberly Williams Brown
- Becoming Mary Sully: Toward an American Indian Abstract. By Philip J. Deloria. Reviewed by Annika Johnson
- Dismembered: Tribal Disenrollment and the Battle for Human Rights. By David E. Wilkins and Shelly Hulse Wilkins. Reviewed by Nicky Kay Michael
- Honouring the Strength of Indian Women: Plays, Stories, Poetry. By Vera Manuel. Edited by Michelle Coupal, Deanna Reder, Joanne Arnott, and Emalene A. Manuel. Reviewed by Thomas Riccio
- Literary Indians: Aesthetics and Encounter in American Literature to 1920. By Angela Calcaterra. Reviewed by Carolyn Terese Rodriguez
- Native Tributes: Historical Novel. By Gerald Vizenor. Reviewed by Susan Bernardin
- Paradoxes of Hawaiian Sovereignty: Land, Sex, and the Colonial Politics of State Nationalism. By J. Kēhaulani Kauanui. Reviewed by Gregory Pōmaika'i Gushiken
- Proud Raven, Panting Wolf: Carving Alaska’s New Deal Totem Parks. By Emily L. Moore. Reviewed by Aldona Jonaitis
- Sacred Smokes. By Theodore C. Van Alst Jr. Reviewed by Dennis R. Hoilman
- Spiral to the Stars: Mvskoke Tools of Futurity. By Laura Harjo. Reviewed by Maritza Geronimo
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge: Learning from Indigenous Practices for Environmental Sustainability. Edited by Melissa K. Nelson and Dan Schilling. Reviewed by Mae Hey
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org