Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 39, No. 1 (2015)
- The Changing Landscape of Health Care Provision to American Indian Nations by Stephanie Carroll Rainie, Miriam Jorgensen, Stephen Cornell, and Jaime Arsenault
- “Something Savage and Luxuriant”: American Identity and the Indian Place-Name Literature by RDK Herman
- Bashas’ Diné Markets and the Navajo Nation: A Study of Cross-Cultural Trade by Susan Carder
- Weaving a Transnational Narrative: Yellow Woman and Orature in Almanac of the Dead by Shannon Toll
- Accomplishments of a Training Support Program for American Indian and Alaska Native Health Researchers by Tosha Zaback, Thomas Becker, and Jessica R. B. Kennedy
- A Cautionary Note Regarding Indigenous Culture and Internet Search Technology by Jonathan Liljeblad
- Sky Woman by Karenne Wood
- Accomplishing NAGPRA: Perspectives on the Intent, Impact, and Future of the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act. Edited by Sangita Chari and Jaime M. N. Lavallee. Reviewed by Brian Broadrose
- Buried in Shades of Night: Contested Voices, Indian Captivity, and the Legacy of King Philip's War. By Billy J. Stratton. Reviewed by Heather Sanford
- Diné Perspectives: Revitalizing and Reclaiming Navajo Thought. Edited by Lloyd L. Lee. Reviewed by Miranda Haskie
- Hollow Justice: A History of Indigenous Claims in the United States. By David E. Wilkins. Reviewed by John J. Dougherty
- Indian Resilience and Rebuilding: Indigenous Nations in the Modern American West. By Donald L. Fixico. Reviewed by Cary C. Collins
- Indians and the Political Economy of Colonial Central America, 1670–1810. By Robert W. Patch. Reviewed by Jennifer L. Gauthier
- Indigenous Encounters with Neoliberalism: Place, Women, and the Environment in Canada and Mexico. By Isabel Altamirano-Jiménez. Reviewed by Linda J. Jerofke
- The Iroquois and the Athenians: A Political Ontology. By Brian Seitz and Thomas Thorp. Reviewed by Michael J. Mullin
- Literacy and Intellectual Life in the Cherokee Nation: 1820–1906. By James W. Parins. Reviewed by Carol Miller
- Making Marriage: Husbands, Wives and the American State in Dakota and Ojibwe Country. By Catherine J. Denial. Reviewed by Rose Stremlau
- Manhattan to Minisink: American Indian Place Names in Greater New York and Vicinity. By Robert S. Grumet. Reviewed by Margaret Wickens Pearce
- The Mixtecs of Oaxaca: Ancient Times to the Present. By Ronald Spores and Andrew K. Balkansky. Reviewed by Joseph W. Whitecotton
- The Native American Renaissance: Literary Imagination and Achievement. Edited by Alan R. Velie and A. Robert Lee. Reviewed by Matt Hooley
- Native Recognition: Indigenous Cinema and the Western. By Joanna Hearne. Reviewed by Maureen Trudelle Schwarz
- Plateau Indian Ways with Words: The Rhetorical Tradition of the Tribes of the Inland Pacific Northwest. By Barbara Monroe. Reviewed by Andrea Riley Mukavetz
- Pueblo Indians and Spanish Colonial Authority in Eighteenth-Century New Mexico. By Tracy L. Brown. Reviewed by William R. Swagerty
- Reconciling Canada: Critical Perspectives on the Culture of Redress. Edited by Jennifer Henderson and Pauline Wakeham. Reviewed by James Frideres
- The Red Atlantic: American Indigenes and the Making of the Modern World, 1000–1927. By Jace Weaver. Reviewed by Christian Ayne Crouch
- Shadow Nations: Tribal Sovereignty and the Limits of Legal Pluralism. By N. Bruce Duthu. Reviewed by David J. Montoya III
- Wampum and the Origins of American Money. By Marc Shell. Reviewed by Paul Otto
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com