To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 37, No. 1 (2013)
- In Memoriam: Imre Sutton
- A Cartographic History of Indian-White Relations during the Past 400 Years by Daniel G. Cole and Imre Sutton
- Native American Landholding in the Colonial Hudson Valley by Tom Arne Midtrød
- “Our Mother Earth Is My Purpose”: Recollections from Mr. Albert Smith, Na’ashó˛’ii dich’izhii by annie ross
- Indigenous Perceptions of Time: Decolonizing Theory, World History, and the Fates of Human Societies by Leo Killsback
- After Custer: Loss and Transformation in Sioux Country. By Paul L. Hedren. Reviewed by Robert D. Miller
- Alternative Contact: Indigeneity, Globalism, and American Studies. By Paul Lai and Lindsey Claire Smith. Reviewed by Kristina M. Jacobsen
- America’s Hundred Years’ War: U.S. Expansion to the Gulf Coast and the Fate of the Seminole, 1763–1858. Edited by William S. Belko. Reviewed by Joyotpaul Chaudhuri
- American Indians and the Market Economy, 1775–1850. Edited by Lance Greene and Mark R. Plane. Reviewed by James Taylor Carson
- Anishinaabe Syndicated: A View From the Rez. By Jim Northrup. Reviewed by Anna J. Willow
- The Dream of a Broken Field. By Diane Glancy. Reviewed by Tria Andrews
- Federal Fathers and Mothers: A Social History of the United States Indian Service, 1869–1933. By Cathleen D. Cahill. Reviewed by Jonathan Byrn
- Gender and Sexuality in Indigenous North America, 1400–1850. Edited by Sandra Slater and Fay A. Yarbrough. Reviewed by Lisa Tatonetti
- In The Belly of a Laughing God: Humour and Irony in Native Women’s Poetry. By Jennifer Andrews. Reviewed by Molly McGlennen
- Life Stages and Native Women: Memory, Teachings, and Story Medicine. By Kim Anderson. Reviewed by Cutcha Risling Baldy
- Queer Indigenous Studies: Critical Interventions in Theory, Politics, and Literature. Edited by Qwo-Li Driskill, Chris Finley, Scott Laurie Morgensen, and Brian Joseph Gilley. Reviewed by T. J. Tallie
- Recognition Odysseys: Indigeneity, Race, and Federal Tribal Recognition Policy in Three Louisiana Indian Communities. By Brian Klopotek. Reviewed by Stephanie May de Montigny
- Reservation Reelism: Redfacing, Visual Sovereignty, and Representations of Native Americans in Film. By Michelle H. Raheja. Reviewed by Clementine Bordeaux
- Rez Life: An Indian’s Journey Through Reservation Life. By David Treuer. Reviewed by Benjamin Ramirez-shkwegnaabi
- Seeing Red: A History of Natives in Canadian Newspapers. By Mark Cronlund Anderson and Carmen L. Robertson. Reviewed by Robert D. Miller
- Spaces Between Us: Queer Settler Colonialism and Indigenous Decolonization. By Scott Lauria Morgensen. Reviewed by Nadine Attewell
- The Militarization of Indian Country. By Winona LaDuke. Reviewed by Thomas A. Britten
- The Transit of Empire: Indigenous Critiques of Colonialism. By Jodi A. Byrd. Reviewed by Michael B. Cavanaugh
- Tribal Libraries, Archives, and Museums: Preserving Our Language, Memory, and Lifeways. Edited by Loriene Roy, Anjali Bhasin, and Sarah K. Arriaga. Reviewed by Kenneth Wade
- Weaving Strength, Weaving Power: Violence and Abuse Against Indigenous Women. By Venida S. Chenault. Reviewed by Gabriela Spears-Rico
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.