To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 36, No. 3 (2012)
- Critical Contexts for Biomedical Research in a Native American Community: Health Care, History, and Community Survival by Puneet Chawla Sahota
- Clash of Native Space and Institutional Place in a Local Choctaw–Upper Creek Memory Site: Decolonizing Critiques and Scholar–Activist Interventions by Jason Edward Black
- Brian Honyouti: Send in the Clowns by Zena Pearlstone
- Indigeneity and Homeland: Land, History, Ceremony, and Language by Michael Lerma
- The Legend of Jump Mountain: Narrative Dispossession of the Monacan in Postcolonial Virginia by Jay Hanford C. Vest
- The Coercive Sterilization of Aboriginal Women in Canada by Karen Ann Stote
- American Indian Nations from Termination to Restoration, 1953- 2006. By Roberta Ulrich. Reviewed by Laurie Arnold
- From Chicaza to Chickasaw: The European Invasion and the Transformation of the Mississippian World, 1540-1715. By Robbie Ethridge. Reviewed by Peter N. Peregrine
- The Dance of Person & Place: One Interpretation of American Indian Philosophy. By Thomas M. Norton-Smith. Reviewed by Laurelyn Whitt
- The Edge of the Woods: Iroquoia, 1534-1701. By Jon Parmenter. Reviewed by Michael J. Mullin
- Firsting and Lasting: Writing Indians Out of Existence in New England. By Jean M. O’Brien. Reviewed by Lisa Brooks
- Indigenous Miracles. Nahua Authority in Colonial Mexico. By Edward W. Osowski. Reviewed by José Carlos De La Puente Luna
- King Philip’s War: Colonial Expansion, Native Resistance and the End of Indian Sovereignty. By Daniel R. Mandell. Reviewed by John M. Shaw
- Kiowa Military Societies: Ethnohistory and Ritual. By William C. Meadows. Reviewed by Max Carocci
- Muscogee Daughter: My Sojourn to the Miss American Pageant. By Susan Supernaw. Reviewed by Renae Bredin
- The Peyote Road. By Thomas Maroukis. Reviewed by Orit Tamir
- Pox, Empire, Shackles, and Hides: The Townsend Site, 1670-1715. By Jon Bernard Marcoux. Reviewed by James H. O’Donnell
- Red Power Rising: The National Indian Youth Council and the Origins of Native Activism. By Bradley G. Shreve. Reviewed by Bryan Rindfleisch
- Red, White & Black: Cinema and the Structure of US Antagonisms. By Frank B. Wilderson III. Reviewed by Joanna Hearne
- Rich Indians: Native People and the Problem of Wealth in American History. By Alexandra Harmon. Reviewed by Douglas K. Miller
- The Sacred White Turkey. By Frances Washburn. Reviewed by Miriam Brown Spiers
- Spirits of Our Whaling Ancestors: Revitalizing Makah and Nuu-chah-nulth Traditions. By Charlotte Coté. Reviewed by Chris B. Wooley
- Theoretical Perspectives on American Indian Education: Taking a New Look at Academic Success and the Achievement Gap. By Terry Huffman. Reviewed by Christie Poitra
- War Parties in Blue: Pawnee Scouts in the US Army. By Mark Van De Logt. Reviewed by James Riding In
- We are an Indian Nation: A History of the Hualapai People. By Jeffrey P. Shepherd. Reviewed by Pamela Graves
- Wives and Husbands: Gender and Age in Southern Arapaho History. By Loretta Fowler. Reviewed by Helen M. Bannan
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.