To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 35, No. 3 (2011)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Honoring Native American code Talkers: The Road to the Code Talkers Recognition Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-420) by William C. Meadows
- Sold! The Loss of Kiowa Allotments in the Post-Indian Reorganization Era by Mark H. Palmer
- Female First Nations Chiefs and the Colonial Legacy in Canada by Cora J. Voyageur
- Organ Donation and Transplantation: A Dialogue with American Indian Healers and Western Health-care Providers by Felicia Schanche Hodge, Patricia Bellanger, and Connie Norman
- Water-rights Settlements and Reclamation in Central Arizona as a Cross-cultural Experience: A Reexamination of Native Water Policy by Kenichi Matsui
- "Counting Experience" among the Least Counted: The Role of Cultural and Community Engagement on Educational Outcomes for American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian Students by Randall Quinones Akee and Tarajean Yazzie-Mintz
- Captive Arizona, 1851-1900. By victoria Smith. Reviewed by Karim M. Tiro
- Caring and Curing: A History of the Indian Health Service. By James P. Rife and Capt. Alan J. Dellapenna Jr. Reviewed by Felicia Schanche Hodge
- Conversations with Sherman Alexie. Edited by Nancy Peterson. Reviewed by Steven Bayhylle Sexton
- Documents of Native American Political Development, 1500s to 1933. Edited by David E. Wilkins. Reviewed by Andrew Denson
- Encounters on the Passage: Inuit Meet the Explorers. By Dorothy Harley Eber. Reviewed by Leland Donald
- Give Me Eighty Men: Women and the Myth of the Fetterman Fight. By Shannon D. Smith. Reviewed by Joseph Owen Weixelman
- Indian Alliances and the Spanish in the Southwest, 750-1750. By William B. Carter. Reviewed by Tracy Brown
- Intermediate Creek: Mvskoke Emponvkv Hokkolat. By Pamela Innes, Linda Alexander, and Bertha Tilkens. Reviewed by Marcia Haag Ledfeathers. By Stephen Graham Jones. Reviewed by Becca Gercken
- Modoc: The Tribe That Wouldn't Die. By Cheewa James. Reviewed by Andrew H. Fisher
- O, My Ancestor: Recognition and Renewal for the Gabrielino-Tongva People of the Los Angeles Area. By Claudia Jurmain and William McCawley. Reviewed by Jeffery Allen Smith
- Our Knowledge Is Not Primitive: Decolonizing Botanical Anishinaabe Teachings. by
Wendy Makoons Geniusz. Reivewed by Lisa B. Chaddock
- Plural Sovereignties and Contemporary Indigenous Literature. By Stuart Christie.
Reviewed by Becca Gercken
- Reflections on American Indian History: Honoring the past, Building a Future. Edited by Albert L. Hurtado. Reviewed by Jack Forbes (1934-2011)
- Reincarnation Beliefs of North American Indians: Soul Journeys, Metamorphoses, and Near-Death Experiences. By Warren Jefferson. Reivewed by Alex K. Ruuska
- Revoluntionary Negotiations: Indians, Empires, and Diplomats in the Founding of America. By Leonard J. Sadosky. Reviewed by George Edward Milne
- A River Apart: The Pottery of Cochiti and Santo Domingo Pueblos. Edited by Valerie K. Verzuh. Reviewed by Tessie Naranjo
- Seminole Voices: Reflections on Their Changing Society, 1970-2000. By Julian M. Pleasants and Harry A. Kersey Jr. Reviewed by Joyotpaul Chaudhuri
- Skylark Meets Meadowlark: Reimagining the Bird in British Romantic Literature and Contemporary Native American Literature. By Thomas C. Gannon. Reviewed by Jonathan E. Reyman
- The Tainted Gift: The Disease Method of Frontier Expansion. By Barbara Alice Mann. Reviewed by Jean A. Keller
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.