To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
Exemplar of Liberty: Native America and the Evolution of Democracy
By Donald A. Grinde, Jr. and Bruce E. Johansen, 1991.
The primary focus of this groundbreaking work, according to its authors, is "to let American Indian voices be heard on the issue of Iroquois political theory and its role in the development of American governmental structures." Using archival research, the authors illustrate the impact of Iroquois and other Native American political theories on the creation of fundamental American doctrines of government, such as the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Exemplar of Liberty is a definitive study of how the founders of the United States combined European, American, and Indian ideas into a new and revolutionary political system.
10-digit ISBN: 0-935626-35-2
13-digit ISBN: 978-0-935626-35-3
Table of Contents (PDF)
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.