To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Performing Arts: Critical Directions (Hardcover)
Edited by Hanay Geiogamah and Jaye T. Darby, 2010.
With an introduction by Jace Weaver, this collection of essays analyzes Native theater, dance, and music performances through indigenous critical lenses. Contributors to this volume include both recent and established scholars who offer provocative studies of the ways in which Native performing artists "re-present" American Indian history, culture, art forms, spiritual traditions, and/or contemporary issues in their works. Jacqueline Shea Murphy writes, "The scope is exciting, both in what the essays focus on-contemporary Native plays, an early 20th century Sun Dance opera, punk rock band musicians, turn-of-the-century jazz bands, contemporary modern dance-and also in the issues the authors raise and consider. . . . The result is a vibrant, insightful, wide-ranging, and crucial contribution to the growing discussion about this important field."
$60 hard cover (Paperback edition is available for $25)
Table of Contents (PDF)
Individual's Price: $60.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.