To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
Ceremony, Spirituality, and Ritual in Native American Performance: A Creative Notebook (Paper)
By Hanay Geiogamah, 2011
Approaching Native American theater as ceremonial performance comprised of centuries-old tribal traditions and aesthetic concepts, Hanay Geiogamah combines his thirty-five years of creative and experimental work and research in Native theater to illuminate the elements of myth, spirituality, and ceremony and their integration into dramatic performances. Specific observations on how ritual is constructed and activated are presented along with selected examples of the process from recent native theater works. Other topics include spirituality as the basis for dramatic text, the techniques of the shaman as director, and the creative process of integration.
Table of Contents (PDF)
$16 paper (Hardcover edition is available for $30)
10-digit ISBN: 0-935626-65-4
13-digit ISBN: 978-0-935626-65-0
Individual's Price: $16.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.