To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 5, No. 3 (1981)
- The Importance of Native American Authors, by Bernd C. Peyer
- The Federal Campaign for the Admission of Indian Children into Public Schools, 1890-1934, by Irving G. Hendrick
- Annuity Censuses as a Source for Historical Research: The 1858 and 1869 Tonawanda Seneca Annuity Censuses, by Robert E. Bieder and Christopher Plant
- The O-Keepa: A Reprinting Error from the Original Translation, by A. E. Johnson, Jr.
- Exploring the Dynamics of Indian-Black Contact: A Review Essay, by Susan A. Kenney
- Indians, Bureaucrats, and Land: The Dawes Act and the Decline of Indian Farming, by Leonard A. Carlson. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- The Ceremonialism of a Native Indian Tribe and its Cultural Background, by James H. Howard. Reviewed by Donald L. Fixico
- The New Deal and American Indian Tribalism, by Graham D. Taylor. Reviewed by Vine Deloria, Jr.
- Political Organization of Native North Americans, edited by Ernest L. Schusky. Reviewed by C. B. Clark
- The Journals of Samuel Kirkland: 18th Century Missionary to the Iroquois, Government Agent, Father of Hamilton College, edited by Walter Pilkington. Reviewed by William N. Fenton
- Red and White on the New York Frontier, A Struggle for Survival: Insights from the Papers of Erastus Granger, Indian Agent, 1807-1819, edited by Charles M. Snyder. Reviewed by William N. Fenton
- "Many Tender Ties": Women in Fur-Trade Society, 1670-1870, by Sylvia Van Kirk. Reviewed by Jennifer S. H. Brown
- Lakota Belief and Ritual, by James R. Walker. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- The Metaphysics of Modern Existence, by Vine Deloria, Jr. Reviewed by Ward Churchill
- The Village Indians of the Upper Missouri: The Mandans, Hidatsas, and Arikaras, by Roy W. Meyer. Reviewed by Charles E. Orser, Jr.
Stock: Out of Print