Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 44, No. 1 (2020)
Editor-in-Chief’s Greeting by Randall Akee
- “Ours from the top to the very bottom”: Seneca Land, Colonial Development, Proto-Conservation, and Resistance in the Early American Republic by Matthew Dennis
- Marie Baldwin, Racism, and the Society of American Indians by Tadeusz Lewandowski
- Basketmaking Guides and the Appropriation of Indigenous Basketry by Ellen Pearlstein
- Cautionary Stories of University Indigenization: Institutional Dynamics, Accountability Struggles, and Resilient Settler Colonial Power by Erich Steinman and Scott Scoggins
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The US Government’s Use of the Choctaw Nation as an Environmental Toxics Dumping Ground by Jessica Lambert
- Commentary on Recruitment and Retention of American Indian and Alaska Native Students in California Postsecondary Education Institutions by Randall Akee, Theresa Stewart-Ambo, and Heather Torres
- Breath and Smoke: Tobacco Use among the Maya. Edited by Jennifer A. Loughmiller-Cardinal and Keith Eppich. Reviewed by David Carey Jr.
- Dakota in Exile: The Untold Stories of Captives in the Aftermath of the U.S.–Dakota War. By Linda A. Clemmons. Reviewed by Richmond L. Clow
- The Dakota Sioux Experience at Flandreau and Pipestone Indian Schools. By Cynthia Leanne Landrum. Reviewed by Robert W. Galler Jr.
- Distorted Descent: White Claims to Indigenous Identity. By Darryl Leroux. Reviewed by J?rgen Werner Kremer
- Knowing Native Arts. By Nancy Marie Mithlo. Reviewed by Gerald Clarke
- Native Hoops: The Rise of American Indian Basketball, 1895–1970. By Wade Davies. Reviewed by Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- Policing Indigenous Movements: Dissent and the Security State. By Andrew Crosby and Jeffrey Monaghan. Reviewed by Stephanie Lumsden
- Possessing Polynesians: The Science of Settler Colonial Whiteness in Hawai‘i and Oceania. By Maile Renee Arvin. Reviewed by Nicole Ku’uleinapuananiolikoawapuhimelemeleolani Furtado
- Sámi Media and Indigenous Agency in the Arctic North. By Coppélie Cocq and Thomas A. Dubois. Reviewed by Beverly Diamond
- The Small Shall Be Strong: A History of Lake Tahoe’s Washoe Indians. By Matthew S. Makley. Reviewed by Patrick De?ileligi Burtt
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org