Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 42, No. 1 (2018)
- American Indian and Alaska Native Data in Federal Data Collections by Carlann Unger, Benjamin Simon, and Malka Pattison
- Revenue Competitions between Sovereigns: State and Tribal Taxation in Montana by Heather Cahoon
- Occupational Dissimilarity between the American Indian/Alaska Native and the White Workforce in the Contemporary United States by Carolyn A. Liebler, Jacob Wise, and Richard M. Todd
- “In search of our better selves”: Totem Transfer Narratives and Indigenous Futurities by Dallas Hunt
- The Navajo Local Governance Act (LGA): A Help or Hindrance to Grassroots Self-Government? by Michelle L. Hale
Ode to Pulia (Mole), Every Mother
- Are We Not Foreigners Here. By Jeffrey M. Schulze . Reviewed by Gregorio Gonzales.
- A Culture’s Catalyst: Historical Encounters with Peyote and the Native American Church in Canada. By Fannie Kahan. Edited and with an introduction by Erika Dyck. Reviewed by Henry Quintero.
- First Americans: U.S. Patriotism in Indian Country after World War I. By Thomas Grillot. Reviewed by Paul C. Rosier.
- Fit for War: Sustenance and Order in the Mid-Eighteenth-Century Catawba Nation. By Mary Elizabeth Fitts. Reviewed by Michelle LeMaster.
- Gambling on Authenticity: Gaming, The Noble Savage, and the Not-So-New Indian. Edited by Becca Gercken and Julie Pelletier. Reviewed by Paul Pasquaretta.
- Landscapes of Power: Politics of Energy in the Navajo Nation. By Dana E. Powell. Reviewed by Anna J. Willow.
- Legible Sovereignties: Rhetoric, Representations, and Native American Museums. By Lisa King. Reviewed by Majel Boxer.
- Of Sacred Lands and Strip Malls: The Battle for Puvungna. By Ronald Loewe. Reviewed by Theresa Jean Ambo.
- Ohiyesa: The Soul of an Indian. Produced by Dakota Eastman Productions and Vision Maker Media. Reviewed by Raymond Wilson.
- Talking Indian: Identity and Language Revitalization in the Chickasaw Renaissance. By Jenny L. Davis. Reviewed by James Taylor Carson.
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org