Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 41, No. 4 (2017)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Voting Rights Act’s Pre-Clearance Provisions: The Experience of Native Americans in South Dakota by Jean Reith Schroedel, Joey Torres, Andrea Walters, and Joseph Dietrich
- Legislative Ambiguity and Ontological Hierarchy in US Sacred Land Law by Adam Dunstan
- Archives of Native Presence: Land Tenure Research on the Grand Ronde Reservation by Ian Kretzler
- New Light on Black Elk and The Sacred Pipe by Michael Fitzgerald
- The Meaning of Written English: A Place to Dream as One Pleases by Reid Gómez
- Donald Trump, Andrew Jackson, Lebensraum, and Manifest Destiny by Bruce E. Johansen
Native American Poem
Eyes Bottle Dark with a Mouthful of Flowers
by Jake Skeets
- American Indians and the Trouble with Sovereignty: A Turn toward Structural Self-Determination. By Kouslaa T. Kessler-Mata. Reviewed by Christopher M. Page
- As We Have Always Done: Indigenous Freedom through Radical Resistance. By Leanne Betasamosake Simpson. Reviewed by Michelle Daigle
- Back to the Blanket: Recovered Rhetorics and Literacies in American Indian Studies. By Kimberly G. Wieser. Reviewed by Andrés C. López
- Borderland Narratives: Negotiation and Accommodation in North America’s Contested Spaces, 1500–1850. Edited by Andrew K. Frank and A. Glenn Crothers. Reviewed by Alejandra Dubcovsky
- Carry Forth the Stories: An Ethnographer’s Journey into Native Oral Tradition. By Rodney Frey. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Crime and Social Justice in Indian Country. Edited by Marianne O. Nielsen and Karen Jaratt-Snider. Reviewed by Melinda Kachina Bige
- Demanding Justice and Security: Indigenous Women and Legal Pluralities in Latin America. Edited by Rachel Sieder.Reviewed by Brenda Nicolas
- Footprints of Hopi History: Hopihiniwtiput Kuveni’at. Edited by Leigh J. Kuwanwisiwma. Reviewed by Joe Watkins
- A Land Not Forgotten: Indigenous Food Security and Land-Based Practices in Northern Ontario. Edited by Michael A. Robidoux and Courtney W. Mason. Reviewed by Sarah King
- Officially Indian: Symbols That Define the United States. By Cécile R. Ganteaume. Reviewed by Nancy J. Parezo
- The Power of the Steel-Tipped Pen: Reconstructing Native Hawaiian Intellectual Sovereignty. By Noenoe K. Silva. Reviewed by Natchee Blu Barnd
- Prairie Rising: Indigenous Youth, Decolonization, and the Politics of Intervention. By Jaskiran Dhillon. Reviewed by Yvonne P. Sherwood
- Report of an Inquiry into an Injustice: Begade Shutagot’ine and the Sahtu Treaty. By Peter Kulchyski. Reviewed by A. W. A. Gemmell
- Residential Schools and Reconciliation: Canada Confronts Its History. By J. R. Miller. Reviewed by Karen J. Travers
- Sovereign Acts: Contesting Colonialism across Indigenous Nations and Latinx America. Edited by Frances Negrón-Muntaner. Reviewed by T. J. Tallie
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com