Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 41, No. 2 (2017)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Negotiating American Indian Inclusion: Sovereignty, Same-Sex Marriage, and Sexual Minorities in Indian Country by Valerie Lambert
- “We’re Gonna Capture Johnny Depp”: Making Kin with Cinematic Comanches by Dustin Tahmahkera
- “Native” Advertising: An Evaluation of Nike’s N7 Social Media Campaign by W. Scott Sanders, Selene G. Phillips, and Cecelia Alexander
- Controlling Land: Historical Representations of News Discourse in British Columbia by Robert Harding
- For the Sga-Du-Gi (Community): Modern Day Cherokee Stickball by Natalie Welch, Jessica Laing Siegele, and Robin Hardin
Otro Cuento del Genízaro Pedro de Urdemalas by Gregorio Gonzales
- Anglo-Native Virginia: Trade, Conversion, and Indian Slavery in the Old Dominion, 1646–1722. By Kristalyn Marie Shefveland. Reviewed by Robert McColley
- Apache Adaptation to Hispanic Rule. By Matthew Babcock. Reviewed by Rick Hendricks
- Badger Creek [film documentary]. Written and directed by Randy Vasquez and Jonathan Skurnick. Reviewed by Clementine Bordeaux
- The Borderland of Fear: Vincennes, Prophetstown, and the Invasion of the Miami Homeland. By Patrick Bottiger. Reviewed by John William Nelson
- California Mission Landscapes: Race, Memory, and the Politics of Heritage. By Elizabeth Kryder-Reid. Reviewed by Tsim D. Schneider
- Colonized through Art: American Indian Schools and Art Education, 1889–1915. By Marinella Lentis. Reviewed by Cary C. Collins
- Critically Sovereign: Indigenous Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies. Edited by Joanne Barker. Reviewed by Stephanie Lumsden
- Free to be Mohawk: Indigenous Education at the Akwesasne Freedom School. By Louellyn White. Reviewed by Elizabeth Ann Berton-Reilly
- From Huronia to Wendakes: Adversity, Migrations, and Resilience 1650–1900. Edited by Thomas Peace and Kathryn Magee Labelle. Reviewed by John L. Creese
- From New Peoples to New Nations: Aspects of Métis History and Identity from the Eighteenth to Twenty-First Centuries. By Gerhard J. Ens and Joe Sawchuk. Reviewed by Bonita Lawrence
- George Sword’s Warrior Narratives: Compositional Processes in Lakota Oral Tradition. By Delphine Red Shirt. Reviewed by Sina R. Bear Eagle
- Imagining Sovereignty: Self-Determination in American Indian Law and Literature. By David J. Carlson. Reviewed by Jonathan Byrn
- The Lives in Objects: Native Americans, British Colonists, and Cultures of Labor and Exchange in the Southeast. By Jessica Yirush Stern. Reviewed by Brandon Layton
- Network Sovereignty: Building the Internet across Indian Country. By Marisa Elena Duarte. Reviewed by Rachel Talbert
- Okanagan Grouse Woman: Upper Nicola Narratives. By Lottie Lindley. Reviewed by Crisca Bierwert
- Red Bird, Red Power: The Life and Legacy of Zitkala-Ša. By Tadeusz Lewandowski. Reviewed by Paulette L. Blanchard
- Reservation Politics: Historical Trauma, Economic Development, and Intratribal Conflict. By Raymond I. Orr. Reviewed by Beth Rose Middleton
- Say We Are Nations: Documents of Politics and Protest in Indigenous America since 1887. By Daniel M. Cobb. Reviewed by Mishuana Goeman
- Three Roads to Magdalena: Coming of Age in a Southwest Borderland, 1890–1990. By David Wallace Adams. Reviewed by Brian D. Haley
- Yaqui Resistance and Survival: The Struggle for Land and Autonomy, 1821–1910. By Evelyn Hu-DeHart. Reviewed by Mark E. DeGiovanni Miller
Individual's Price: $18.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org