Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 40, No. 2 (2016)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Legal Regimenting of Tribal Wealth: How Federal Courts and Agencies Seek to Normalize Tribal Governmental Revenue and Capital by David Kamper and Katherine A. Spilde
- The Politics of Indigenous Peoples-Settler Relations in Quebec: Economic Development and the Limits of Intercultural Dialogue and Reconciliation by Daniel Salée and Carole Lévesque
- Safe Haven for an Indigenous Fugitive: Indigenous Internationalism and Illegal Protests by Jonathan Crossen
- Sitka’s Cottages Community in Alaska History and the Development of the Alaska Native Brotherhood by Ryan H. Madden
- An Honor Long Overdue: The 2013 Congressional Gold and Silver Medal Ceremonies in Honor of Native American Code Talkers by William C. Meadows
Honored and Thriving: The Squaw Law and Eradication of Offensive State Place-Names by Rebecca Sockbeson
Vital Sign II—Temperature
Collestipher Dodge Chatto
- Amada’s Blessings from the Peyote Gardens of South Texas. By Stacy B. Schaefer. Reviewed by Dennis Wiedman
- Ancestral Mounds: Vitality and Volatility of Native America. By Jay Miller. Reviewed by Meghan C. L. Howey
- The Beginning and End of Rape: Confronting Sexual Violence in Native America. By Sarah Deer. Reviewed by Roe Bubar
- Community Self-Determination: American Indian Education in Chicago, 1952–2006. By John J. Laukaitis. Reviewed by Brian S. Collier
- Crow Indian Rock Art: Indigenous Perspectives and Interpretations. By Timothy P. McCleary. Reviewed by Alex K. Ruuska
- Dying from Improvement: Inquests and Inquiries into Indigenous Deaths in Custody. By Sherene Razack. Reviewed by Marianne O. Nielsen
- Education at the Edge of Empire: Negotiating Pueblo Identity in New Mexico’s Indian Boarding Schools. By John R. Gram. Reviewed by John A. Goodwin
- Engineering Mountain Landscapes: An Anthropology of Social Investment. By Laura L. Scheiber and María Nieves Zedeño. Reviewed by Fausto O. Sarmiento
- Fixing the Books: Secrecy, Literacy, and Perfectibility in Indigenous New Mexico. By Erin Debenport. Reviewed by Yuki Tanaka-McFarlane
- Indigenous Community: Rekindling the Teachings of the Seventh Fire. By Gregory A. Cajete. Reviewed by Jon Reyhner
- Inventing Custer: The Making of an American Legend. By Edward Caudill and Paul G. Ashdown. Reviewed by Louise Barnett
- Native Americans in the Movies: Portrayals from Silent Films to the Present. By Michael Hilger. Reviewed by Theodore C. Van Alst, Jr.
- Reinterpreting a Native American Identity: Examining the Lumbee through the Peoplehood Model. By Eric Hannel. Reviewed by Marvin “Marty” Richardson
- The Saltwater Frontier: Indians and the Contest for the American Coast. By Andrew Lipman. Reviewed by Nathan Bryant Braccio
- So How Long Have You Been Native? Life as an Alaska Native Tour Guide. By Alexis C. Bunten. Reviewed by Marian Bredin
- Survivance, Sovereignty, and Story: Teaching American Indian Rhetorics. Edited by Lisa King, Rose Gubele, and Joyce Rain Anderson. Reviewed by Douglas Cox
- Tracing the Relational: The Archaeology of Worlds, Spirits, and Temporalities. Edited by Meghan E. Buchanan and B. Jacob Skousen. Reviewed by Barbara Mills
- Voices of Fire: Reweaving the Literary Lei of Pele and Hiʻiaka. By kuʻualoha hoʻomanawanui. Reviewed by Joyce Pualani Warren
- Wastelanding: Legacies of Uranium Mining in Navajo Country. By Traci Brynne Voyles. Reviewed by Rhiannon Koehler
- Women Ethnographers and Native Women Storytellers: Relational Science, Ethnographic Collaboration, and Tribal Community. By Susan Berry Brill de Ramírez. Reviewed by Heather A. Howard
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com