Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 39, No. 3 (2015)
- Hearing Urban Indigeneity in Canada: Self-Determination, Community Formation, and Kinaesthetic Listening with A Tribe Called Red by Alexa Woloshyn
- Up in Smoke: A Tradeoff Study between Tobacco as an Economic Development Tool or Public Health Liability in an American Indian Tribe by Raymond I. Orr, Carolyn Noonan, Ron Whitener, and Stephen M. Schwartz
- The Doctrine of Discovery: The Legacy and Continuing Impact of Christian “Discovery” on American Indian Populations by Tony Castanha
- Current Knowledge on Childhood Sexual Abuse in Indigenous Populations of Canada and the United States: A Literature Review by Xavier Barsalou-Verge, Mélanie M. Gagnon, Renée Séguin, and Christian Dagenais
- Acts of Visual Sovereignty: Photographic Representations of Cultural Objects by Nicole Blalock, Jameson D. Lopez, and Elyssa Figari
- Lenape (“Delaware”) Mail Carriers and the Origins of the United States Postal Service by Marshall Joseph Becker
- Heiau by Chee Brossy
- We had some hogs.
Where Muskogee Now Stands
By James Treat
- Arapaho Stories, Songs, and Prayers: A Bilingual Anthology. By Andrew Cowell, Alonso Moss Sr., and William J. C’Hair. Reviewed by Jeffrey D. Anderson
- Cherokee Medicine, Colonial Germs: An Indigenous Nation’s Fight against Smallpox, 1518–1824. By Paul Kelton. Reviewed by Benjamin R. Kracht
- Colonial Genocide in Indigenous North America. Edited by Andrew Woolford, Jeff Benvenuto, and Alexander Laban Hinton. Reviewed by James V. Fenelon
- A Cross of Thorns: The Enslavement of California’s Indians by the Spanish Missions. By Elias Castillo. Reviewed by Jackie Teran
- A Deeper Sense of Place: Stories and Journeys of Collaboration in Indigenous Research. Edited by Jay T. Johnson and Soren C. Larsen. Reviewed by Thomas M. Norton-Smith
- Deep Map Country: Literary Cartography of the Great Plains. By Susan Naramore Maher. Reviewed by Darren Edward Lone Fight
- Formations of United States Colonialism. Edited by Alyosha Goldstein. Reviewed by Savannah J. Kilner
- Gathering Together: The Shawnee People through Diaspora and Nationhood, 1600–1870. By Sami Lakomäki. Reviewed by Kristalyn Marie Shefveland
- Howling for Justice: New Perspectives on Leslie Marmon Silko’s Almanac of the Dead. Edited by Rebecca Tillett. Reviewed by Catherine Rainwater
- Hubs of Empire: The Southeastern Lowcountry and British Caribbean. By Matthew Mulcahy. Reviewed by J. Daniel d’Oney
- An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States. By Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz. Reviewed by Shawn G. Wiemann
- Indigenous Poetics in Canada. Edited by Neal McLeod. Reviewed by Vermonja R. Alston
- Junípero Serra: California, Indians, and the Transformation of a Missionary. By Rose Marie Beebe and Robert M. Senkewicz. Reviewed by Yve B. Chavez
- Lenape Country: Delaware Valley Society before William Penn. By Jean R. Soderlund. Reviewed by Sean O’Neill
- Returns: Becoming Indigenous in the Twenty-First Century. By James Clifford. Reviewed by Jennifer R. Smith
- Seasons of Change: Labor, Treaty Rights, and Ojibwe Nationhood. By Chantal Norrgard. Reviewed by Bruce White
- Secrecy and Insurgency: Socialities and Knowledge Practices in Guatemala. By Silvia Posocco. Reviewed by David Carey Jr.
- Skin for Skin: Death and Life for Inuit and Innu. By Gerald M. Sider. Reviewed by Mary Hampton
- Tribal Television: Viewing Native People in Sitcoms. By Dustin Tahmahkera. Reviewed by Douglas Heil
- Viewing the Ancestors: Perceptions of the Anaasází, Mokwič, and Hisatsinom. By Robert S. McPherson. Reviewed by Jonathan E. Reyman
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org