To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 38, No. 3 (2014)
- “Down to the Gila”: A. J. Chandler’s Desert Land Scheme and the Gila River Indian Reservation, 1891–1911 by David H. DeJong
- Undam It? Klamath Tribes, Social Ecological Systems, and Economic Impacts of River Restoration by Oral S. Saulters
- Dinosaurs and Indians: Fossil Resource Dispossession of Sioux Lands, 1846–1875 by Lawrence W. Bradley
- Lyell Island (Athlii Gwaii) Case Study: Social Innovation by the Haida Nation by Suzanne von der Porten
- Making Math Count: Tribal College Leadership in Education Reform on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation by Carol Ward, Sachiko Jensen Jepson, Kacey Widdison Jones, and Richard E. Littlebear
- American Indian Educators in Reservation Schools. By Terry Huffman. Reviewed by Zoann K. Snyder
- The Black Carib Wars: Freedom, Survival and the Making of the Garifuna. By Christopher Taylor. Reviewed by Lauren Poluha
- Bringing Our Languages Home: Language Revitalization for Families. Edited by Leanne Hinton. Reviewed by Nile Robert Thompson
- Claiming Tribal Identity: The Five Tribes and the Politics of Federal Acknowledgment. By Mark Edwin Miller. Reviewed by Robert D. Miller
- The Dakota Prisoner of War Letters: Dakota Kaŝkapi Okicize Wowapi. By Clifford Canku and Michael Simon. Reviewed by Elizabeth Cook-Lynn
- Disinherited Generations: Our Struggle to Reclaim Treaty Rights for First Nations Women and Their Descendants. By Nellie Carlson and Kathleen Steinhauer, as told to Linda Goyette. Reviewed by Kathleen Tigerman
- Fighting Colonialism with Hegemonic Culture: Native American Appropriation of Indian Stereotypes. By Maureen Trudelle Schwarz. Reviewed by Michael Ray FitzGerald
- French and Indians in the Heart of North America, 1630–1815. Edited by Robert Englebert and Guillaume Teasdale. Reviewed by Gordon Sayre
- Healing Histories: Stories from Canada’s Indian Hospitals. By Laurie Meijer Drees. Reviewed by Lisa E. Emmerich
- Imagining Geronimo: An Apache Icon in Popular Culture. By William M. Clements. Reviewed by D. Anthony Clark
- The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North America. By Thomas King. Reviewed by Cutcha Risling Baldy
- Lessons from Fort Apache: Beyond Language Endangerment and Maintenance. By M. Eleanor Nevins. Reviewed by Vincent Werito
- Mark My Words: Native Women Mapping Our Nations. By Mishuana Goeman. Reviewed by Leah Sneider
- Native American DNA: Tribal Belonging and the False Promise of Genetic Science. By Kim TallBear. Reviewed by Maile Arvin
- Negotiating the Deal: Comprehensive Land Claims Agreements in Canada. By Christopher Alcantara. Reviewed by Alastair Campbell
- Patterns of Exchange: Navajo Weavers and Traders. By Teresa J. Wilkins. Reviewed by Paul G. Zolbrod
- Therapeutic Nations: Healing in an Age of Indigenous Human Rights. By Dian Million. Reviewed by Angela L. Robinson
- Unsettling America: The Uses of Indianness in the 21st Century. By C. Richard King. Reviewed by Nancy Marie Mithlo
- The White Earth Nation: Ratification of a Native Democratic Constitution. Edited by Gerald Vizenor and Jill Doerfler. Reviewed by Miriam Jorgensen
- Yakama Rising: Indigenous Cultural Revitalization, Activism, and Healing. By Michelle M. Jacob. Reviewed by Jeanette Bushnell
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.