To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 38, No. 2 (2014)
- The Disappearing Turnout Gap between Native Americans and Non-Native Americans by Tracy Skopek and Andrew D. Garner
- Joyous Discipline: Native Autonomy and Culturally Conservative Two-Spirit People by Brian Joseph Gilley
- Counting Context: C. E. Kelsey’s 1906 Census of Nonreservation Indians in Northern California by Larisa K. Miller
- American Masculinity in Crisis: Cordell Walker and the Indianized White Hero by Michael Ray FitzGerald
- Loss of Voice at Oneida Indian Nation: Traditional Methods of Social Control in a Contemporary Native Community by Michael Taylor
- The State of Nevada v. Eugene Austin: A Tragic Story of Homicide and Incarceration in the American Southwest by Thomas A. Britten
- nDn Humor Contest by Scott Richard Lyons, Sterling HolyWhiteMountain, Bill Wetzel, David Treuer, and Ryan McMahon
- Bad Indians: A Tribal Memoir. By Deborah A. Miranda. Reviewed by Caitlin Keliiaa
- Biomapping Indigenous Peoples: Towards an Understanding of the Issues. Edited by Susanne Berthier-Foglar, Sheila Collingwood-Whittick, and Sandrine Tolazzi. Reviewed by Kim TallBear
- Blackbird’s Song: Andrew J. Blackbird and the Odawa People. By Theodore J. Karamanski. Reviewed by Michael D. McNally
- Centering Anishinaabeg Studies: Understanding the World through Stories. Edited by Jill Doerfler, Niigaanwewidam James Sinclair, and Heidi Kiiwetinepinesiik Stark. Reviewed by Anna Krausová
- Crooked Paths to Allotment: The Fight over Federal Indian Policy after the Civil War. By C. Joseph Genetin-Pilawa. Reviewed by Steven T. Newcomb
- Decolonizing Museums: Representing Native America in National and Tribal Museums. By Amy Lonetree. Reviewed by John J. Bodinger de Uriarte
- Defending Whose Country? Indigenous Soldiers in the Pacific War. By Noah Riseman. Reviewed by Thomas A. Britten
- Dinéjí Na’nitin: Navajo Traditional Teachings and History. By Robert S. McPherson. Reviewed by Joanne McCloskey
- Dragoons in Apacheland: Conquest and Resistance in Southern New Mexico, 1846–1861. By William S. Kiser. Reviewed by Kathleen P. Chamberlain
- Indians, Alcohol, and the Roads to Taos and Santa Fe. By William E. Unrau. Reviewed by Elizabeth S. Grobsmith
- Mni Sota Makoce: The Land of the Dakota. By Gwen Westerman and Bruce White. Reviewed by Gregory Gagnon
- The Native American Identity in Sports: Creating and Preserving a Culture. Edited by Frank A. Salamone. Reviewed by Natchee Blu Barnd
- Navajo Tradition, Mormon Life: The Autobiography and Teachings of Jim Dandy. By Robert S. McPherson, Jim Dandy, and Sarah E. Burak. Reviewed by Charlotte J. Frisbie
- Recording Culture: Powwow Music and the Aboriginal Recording Industry on the Northern Plains. By Christopher A. Scales. Reviewed by T. Christopher Aplin
- Rim Country Exodus: A Story of Conquest, Renewal, and Race in the Making. By Daniel J. Herman. Reviewed by Richard J. Perry
- Spirit Talkers: North American Indian Medicine Powers. By William S. Lyon. Reviewed by Alex K. Ruuska
- “That the People Might Live”: Loss and Renewal in Native American Elegy. By Arnold Krupat. Reviewed by Jay Hansford C. Vest
- The Poetry and Poetics of Gerald Vizenor. Edited by Deborah L. Madsen. Reviewed by Elizabeth A. McNeil
- “We Are Still Didene”: Stories of Hunting and History from Northern British Columbia. By Thomas McIlwraith. Reviewed by Mindy J. Morgan
- Wild Frenchmen and Frenchified Indians: Material Culture and Race in Colonial Louisiana. By Sophie White. Reviewed by Stephanie May de Montigny
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.