To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 37, No. 2 (2013)
The Settler Complex
Guest Editor: Patrick Wolfe
The Settler Complex: An Introduction by Patrick Wolfe
- What Is Settler Colonialism? (for Leo Delano Ames Jr.) by Maya Mikdashi
- Aloha ‘Oe”: Settler-Colonial Nostalgia and the Genealogy of a Love Song by Adria L. Imada
- All the Eagles and the Ravens in the House Say Yeah: (Ab)original Hip-Hop, Heritage, and Love by Lauren Jessica Amsterdam
- Desire, Settler Colonialism, and the Racialized Cowboy by Beenash Jafri
- A Global Potlatch: Identifying the Indigenous Influence on Western Thought by Isaiah Lorado Wilner
- Stitching Osage Governance into the Future by Jean Dennison
- Challenging Settler Colonialism in Contemporary Queer Politics: Settler Homonationalism, Pride Toronto, and Two-Spirit Subjectivities by Cameron Greensmith and Sulaimon Giwa
- “There's Something in the Water”: Salmon Runs and Settler Colonialism on the Columbia River by Lindsey Schneider
- “The Last Bastion of Colonialism”: Appalachian Settler Colonialism and Self-Indigenization by Stephen Pearson
- An Account of the Dakota-US War of 1862 as Sacred Text: Why My Dakota Elders Value Spiritual Closure over Scholarly “Balance” by John Peacock
- Driving with the Driven: A Re(-)view of the Trail of Tears in the Roadside Montage by Ken Whalen
- All Indians Do Not Live in Teepees (or Casinos). By Catherine C. Robbins. Reviewed by Pauline Turner Strong
- Asserting Native Resilience: Pacific Rim Indigenous Nations Face the Climate Crisis. Edited by Zoltán Grossman and Alan Parker. Reviewed by Kurt W. Russo
- Bitter Water: Diné Oral Histories of the Navajo-Hopi Land Dispute. Edited by Malcolm D. Benally. Reviewed by Kristina M. Jacobsen
- California Indian Languages. By Victor Golla. Reviewed by Kayla Carpenter
- Chair of Tears. By Gerald Vizenor. Reviewed by Maria Orban
- Cultural Property Acquisitions: Navigating the Shifting landscape. By Aimée L. Taberner. Reviewed by Patrick Naranjo
- Deconstructing the Cherokee Nation: Town, Region, and Nation among the Eighteenth-Century Cherokee. By Tyler Boulware. Reviewed by Jeff Washburn
- Engaged Resistance: American Indian Art, Literature, and Film from Alcatraz to the NMAI. By Dean Rader. Reviewed by Alan Lechusza Aquallo
- Jim Thorpe: A Biography. By William A. Cook. Reviewed by Bob Reising
- Leaving Holes and Selected New Writings. By Joe Dale Tate Nevaquaya. Reviewed by Mark Pickens
- Murder State: California’s Native American Genocide, 1846–1873. By Brendan C. Lindsay. Reviewed by William J. Bauer, Jr.
- Plagues, Politics, and Policy: A Chronicle of the Indian Health Service, 1955–2008. By David H. DeJong. Reviewed by Theresa Julnes Keleka Kaimanu
- Sing: Poetry from the Indigenous Americas. By Allison Adelle Hedge Coke. Reviewed by Tria Andrews
- Telling Stories in the Face of Danger: Language Renewal in Native American Communities. Edited by Paul V. Kroskrity. Reviewed by Sheri J. Tatsch
- Where the Earth and Sky Are Sewn Together: Sobaipuri-O’Odham Contexts of Contact and Colonialism. By Deni J. Seymour. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.