To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 36, No. 4 (2013)
- A Sampling of Community-Based Housing Efforts at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation by Clinton L. Wood and Caroline M. Clevenger
- Iroquois Use of Customary Haudenosaunee and United States Law in Opposing Removal by Claudia B. Haake
- Native American Mobilization and the Power of Recognition: Theorizing the Effects of Political Acknowledgement by DaShanne Stokes
- “Between the Heavens And the Earth”: Narrating the Execution of Moses Paul by Matt Salyer
- The Circulation and Silence of Weaving Knowledge in Contemporary Navajo Life by Jill Ahlberg Yohe
- Native American Student Participation in Study Abroad: An Exploratory Case Study by Stephen P. Wanger, Robin Starr Minthorn, Kathryn A. Weinland, Boomer Appleman, Michael James, and Allen Arnold
- Bound to Have Blood: Frontier Newspapers and the Plains Indian Wars. By Hugh J. Reilly. Reviewed by James W. Parins
- Dreaming with the Ancestors: Black Seminole Women in Texas and Mexico. By Shirley Boteler Mock. Reviewed by Rebecca B. Bateman
- Feasting with Shellfish in the Southern Ohio Valley: Archaic Sacred Sites and Rituals. By Cheryl Claassen. Reviewed by Nomi B. Greber
- First Nations Education Policy in Canada: Progress or Gridlock? By Jerald Paquette and Gerald Fallon. Reviewed by Virginia Gluska
- The House on Diamond Hill: A Cherokee Plantation Story. By Tiya Miles. Reviewed by Christopher B. Teuton
- Indigenous Peoples and the Collaborative Stewardship of Nature: Knowledge Binds and Institutional Conflicts. By Anne Ross, Kathleen Pickering Sherman, Jeffrey G. Snodgrass, Henry D. Delacore, and Richard Sherman. Reviewed by Thomas D. Hall
- Integrating Aboriginal Perspectives into the School Curriculum: Purposes, Possibilities and Challenges. By Yatta Kanu. Reviewed by Christie M. Poitra
- Landscapes and Social Transformations on the Northwest Coast: Colonial Encounters in the Fraser Valley. By Jeff Oliver. Reviewed by Aron L. Crowell
- The Native American Mascot Controversy: A Handbook. Edited by C. Richard King. Reviewed by Elise Boxer
- Native Nations and U.S. Borders: Challenges to Indigenous Culture, Citizenship, and Security. By Rachel Rose Starks, Jen McCormack, and Stephen Cornell. Reviewed by Gabriela Spears-Rico
- Negotiation within Domination: New Spain’s Indian Pueblos Confront the Spanish State. Edited by Ethelia Ruiz Medrano and Susan Kellogg. Reviewed by Maria Ornelas
- Notes From The Center of Turtle Island. By Duane Champagne. Reviewed by Greg Gagnon
- Ogimaag: Anishinaabeg Leadership, 1760-1845. By Cary Miller. Reviewed by Anna J. Willow
- The Quest for Citizenship: African American and Native American Education in Kansas, 1880-1935. By Kim Carey Warren. Reviewed by Deirdre Almeida
- Removable Type: Histories of the Book in Indian Country, 1663-1880. By Phillip H. Round. Reviewed by Loriene Roy
- Torn from Our Midst: Voices of Grief, Healing and Action from the Missing Indigenous Women Conference, 2008. Edited by A. Brenda Anderson, Wendee Kubik, and Mary Rucklos Hampton. Reviewed by Laura L. Terrance
- Tribal Constitutionalism: States, Tribes, and the Governance of Membership. By Kirsty Gover. Reviewed by Leah Shearer
- The Turquoise Ledge: A Memoir. By Leslie Marmon Silko. Reviewed by Elizabeth McNeil
- We Are Our Language: An Ethnography of Language Revitalization in a Northern Athabaskan Community. By Barbra A. Meek. Reviewed by Caskey Russell
- The Work of Sovereignty: Tribal Labor Relations and Self Determination at the Navajo Nation. By David Kamper. Reviewed by Alexander Skibine
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.