To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 36, No. 1 (2012)
Rhetoric and Legal Interpretation, Misinterpretation, and Reinterpretation
- Against the Intentional Fallacy: Legocentrism and Continuity in the Rhetoric of Indian Dispossession by Patrick Wolfe
- Twenty-five Years of Ojibwe Treaty Rights in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota by Larry Nesper
- The Misplaced Mountain: Maps, Memory, and the Yakama Reservation Boundary Dispute by Andrew Fisher
- The Economics of Dam Building: Nez Perce Tribe and Global-Scale Development by Benedict J. Colombi
- Labored Learning: The Outing System at Sherman Institute, 1902–1930 by Kevin Whalen
- American Indians and the Fight for Equal Voting Rights. By Laughlin McDonald. Reviewed by Susan Olson
- Anthropology and the Racial Politics of Culture. By Lee D. Baker. Reviewed by Robert Keith Collins
- The Color of the Land: Race, Nation, and the Politics of Landownership in Oklahoma, 1832–1929. By David A. Chang. Reviewed by Erik M. Zissu
- Contributions to Ojibwe Studies, Essays 1934–1972. By A. Irving Hallowell. Edited by Jennifer S. H. Brown and Susan Elaine Gray. Reviewed by David W. Dinwoodie
- Creek Paths and Federal Roads: Indians, Settlers, and Slaves and the Making of the American South. By Angela Pulley Hudson. Reviewed by Christina Snyder
- Hybrid Constitutions: Challenging Legacies of Law, Privilege, and Culture in Colonial America. By Vicki Hsueh. Reviewed by Matthew L. M. Fletcher
- The Indian History of an American Institution: Native Americans and Dartmouth. By Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Mary Jiron Belgarde
- Introduction to Tribal Legal Studies. By Justin B. Richland and Sarah Deer. Reviewed by Peter d’Errico
- Lumbee Indians in the Jim Crow South: Race, Identity, and the Making of a Nation. By Malinda Maynor Lowery. Reviewed by Mark Edwin Miller
- Natalie Curtis Burlin: A Life in Native and African American Music. By Michelle Wick Patterson. Reviewed by Chad Hamill
- The Networked Wilderness: Communicating in Early New England. By Matt Cohen. Reviewed by M. Eleanor Nevins
- North Country: The Making of Minnesota. By Mary Lethert Wingerd. Reviewed by Catherine Denial
- Passamaquoddy Ceremonial Songs: Aesthetics Survival. By Anne Morrison Spinney. Reviewed by Andrea Bear Nicholas
- The Pawnee Mission Letters, 1834–1851. Edited by Richard E. Jensen. Reviewed by Michael L. Cox
- Perimeters of Democracy: Inverse Utopias and the Wartime Social Landscape in the American West. By Heather Fryer. Reviewed by Steve Russell
- Sequoyah Rising: Problems in Post-Colonial Tribal Governance. By Steve Russell. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- The Sierra Nevada before History: Ancient Landscapes, Early Peoples. By Louise A. Jackson. Reviewed by Holly YoungBear-Tibbetts
- Stolen Horses. By Dan O’Brien. Reviewed by Lee Schweninger
- Traces of Fremont: Society and Rock Art in Ancient Utah. By Steven R. Simms. Reviewed by Rick Minor
- Yellow Dirt: An American Story of a Poisoned Land and a People Betrayed. By Judy Pasternak. Reviewed by Karen J. Travers
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.