To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 34, No. 4 (2010)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Leadership in American Indian Communities: Winter Lessons by Cheryl A. Metoyer
- Structures of Urban Poverty in Greg Sarris’s Grand Avenue by Reginald Dyck
- Organic Video Approach: Using New Media to Engage Native Youth in Science by Timothy Tynan and Patty Loew
- Nationalism and Media Coverage of Indigenous Peoples Collective Action in Canada by Rima Wilkes, Catherine Caorrigall-Brown, and Danielle Ricard
- Effects of Alcohol Use and Anti-American Indian Attitudes on Domestic-Violence Culpability Decisions for American Indian and Euro-American Actors by Cynthia Willis Esqueda, Lori Hack, and Melissa Tehee
- Learning How to Ask: Reflections on Engaging American Indian Research Participants by Felicia Schanche Hodge, Sally Maliski, Mary Cadogan, Tracy L. Itty, and Briana Cardoza
- Tatsey and the Enemy-Friend by Sidner Larson
- Archaeologies of Placemaking: Monuments, Memories, and
Engagement in Native North America. Edited by Patricia E.
Rubertone. Reviewed by Jennifer McLerran
- Aurora Crossing: A Novel of the Nez Perces. By Karl H. Schlesier. Reviewed by Louise Cummings Maynor
- B Street: The Notorious Playground of Coulee Dam. By Lawney L.
Reyes. Reviewed by Lee Schweninger
- Copper Mines, Company Towns, Indians, Mexicans, Mormons,
Masons, Jews, Muslims, Gays, Wombs, McDonalds, and the March
of Dimes: “Survival of the Fittest” in and Far beyond the Deserts of
Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. By Larry R. Stucki. Reviewed by Linda M. Gerber
- Everything You Know about Indians Is Wrong. By Paul Chaat Smith. Reviewed by John J. Bodinger De Uriarte
- Humor in Contemporary Native North American Literature: Reimagining Nativeness. By Eva Gruber. Reviewed by Elizabeth McNeil
- In Beauty I Walk: The Literary Roots of Native American Writing. Edited by Jarold Ramsey and Lori Burlingame. Reviewed by Aydé Enríquez-Loya
- The Indian Who Bombed Berlin and Other Stories. By Ralph J. Salisbury. Reviewed by Kenneth M. Roemer
- John Beargrease: Legend of Minnesota’s North Shore. By Daniel Lancaster. Reviewed by Linda LeGarde Grover
- Listening to the Land: Native American Literary Responses to the Landscape. By Lee Schweninger. Reviewed by Robert M. Nelson
- Lost Creeks: Collected Journals. By Alexander Posey. Reviewed by Kirby Brown
- Simon J. Ortiz: A Poetic Legacy of Indigenous Continuance. Edited by Susan Berry Brill de Ramírez and Evelina Zuni Lucero. Reviewed by Delilah Orr
- Song of the Oktahutche: Collected Poems. By Alexander Posey. Reviewed by Tol Foster
- Spring Salmon, Hurry to Me! The Seasons of Native California. Edited by Margaret Dubin and Kim Hogeland. Reviewed by Christina Roberts
- Studies in the Literary Achievement of Louise Erdrich, Native American Writer: Fifteen Critical Essays. Edited by Brajesh Sawhney. Reviewed by Leah Sneider
- This Is What They Say: Stories by François Mandeville. Translated from Chipewyan by Ron Scollon. Reviewed by Ron Welburn
- The War in Words: Reading the Dakota Conflict through the Captivity Literature. By Kathryn Zabelle Derounian-Stodola. Reviewed by Theresa L. Gregor
- Wild Men: Ishi and Kroeber in the Wilderness of Modern America. By Douglas Cazaux Sackman. Reviewed by
- William Wayne Red Hat, Jr.: Cheyenne Keeper of the Arrows. By William Wayne Red Hat Jr. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- Writing Indian, Native Conversations. By John Lloyd Purdy. Reviewed by Lee Schweninger
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.