To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 33, No. 4 (2009)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- "To Show the Public that We Were Good Indians": Origins and Meanings of the Meskwaki Powwow by Stephen Warren
- Discretionary Desecration: Dzil Nchaa Si An (Mount Graham) and Federal Agency Decisions Affecting American Indian Sacred Sites by John R. Welch, Ramon Riley, and Michael V. Nixon
- Theorizing Native Studies in the Northeast by Ron Welburn
- Willard Beatty and Progressive Indian Education by Frederick J. Stefon
- Children's Health, Assimilation, and Field Nurses among Southern California Indians, 1928-1948 by Clifford Trafzer
- Saving Lakota: Commentary on Language Revitalization by William K. Powers
- The 1904 Anthropology Days and Olympic games: Sport, Race, and American Imperialism. Edited by Susan Brownell. Reviewed by Willam J. Bauer Jr.
- American Indian Higher Educational Experiences: Cultural Visions and Personal Journeys. By Terry Huffan. Reviewed by Christie-Michelle Poitra
- American Indian Liberation: A Theology of Sovereignty. By George E. "Tink" Tinker". Reviewed by David Martinez
- Archaic Societies: Diversity and Complexity across the Midcontinent. Edited by Thomas E. Emerson, Dale L. McElrath, and Andrew C. Fortier. Reviewed by Victor D. Thompson
- Caciques and Cemi Idols: The Web Spun by Taino Rulers between Hispaniola and Puerto Rico. By Jose R. Oliver. Reviewed by Jose Barreiro
- Chief Benders Burden: The Silent Struggle of a Baseball Star. By Tom Swift. Reviewed by Natchee Blu Barnd
- Decolonizing the Lens of Power: Indigenous Films in North America. By Kerstin Knopf. Reviewed by Lindsey Claire Smith
- Engraving the Savage: The New World and Techniques of Civilization. By Michael Gaudio. Reviewed by Pauline Turner Strong.
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.