To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 33, No. 2 (2009)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- “Enemies Like a Road Covered with Ice”: The Utah Navajos’ Experience during the Long Walk Period, 1858–1868 by Sarah Hornsby and Robert S. McPherson
- Conventionalism as a Virtue: A Study of Powwow Highway by Douglas Heil
- “We Were Very Afraid”: The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Politics, Identity, and the Perception of Termination, 1971–2003 by Jaakko Puisto
- Reflections on End of Life: Comparison of American Indian and Non-Indian Peoples in South Dakota by Susan L. Schrader, Margot L. Nelson, and Luann M. Eidsness
- N. Scott Momaday: Word Bearer by Kenneth Lincoln
- Vine and the Divine: Vine Deloria Jr. and the Holy by Thomas J. Hoffman
- African Cherokees in Indian Territory: From Chattel to Citizen. By
Celia E. Naylor. Reviewed by Robert Keith Collins
- American Indian Education: Counternarratives in Racism, Struggle and the Law. By Matthew L. M. Fletcher. Reviewed by Cynthia R. Kasee
- Born of Fire: The Life and Pottery of Margaret Tafoya. By Charles S. King. Reviewed by Bruce Bernstein
- Brothers among Nations: The Pursuit of Intercultural Alliances in Early America, 1580–1660. By Cynthia J. Van Zandt. Reviewed by Jim J. Buss
- Cultural Contact and Linguistic Relativity among the Indians of Northwestern California. By Sean O’Neil. Reviewed by Paul V. Kroskrity
- Epidemics and Enslavement: Biological Catastrophe in the Native Southeast, 1492–1715. By Paul Kelton. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- Forced Federalism: Contemporary Challenges to Indigenous Nationhood. By Jeff Corntassel and Richard C. Witmer. Reviewed by Audra Simpson
- Indigenous Educational Models for Contemporary Practice: In Our Mother’s Voice, Volume II. Edited by Maenette Kape’ahiokalani
Padeken Ah Nee-Benham. Reviewed by Mary Jo Tippeconnic Fox
- Joe Feddersen: Vital Signs. By Rebecca J. Dobkins with contributions by Barbara Earl Thomas and Gail Tremblay. Reviewed by John N. Low
- Lines Drawn Upon the Water: First Nations and the Great Lakes Borders and Borderlands. Edited by Karl S. Hele. Reviewed by Heidi Kiiwetinepinesiik Stark
- Medicine Bags and Dog Tags: American Indian Veterans from Colonial Times to the Second Iraq War. By Allen Carroll. Reviewed by Sam Herley
- Religion and Healing in Native America: Pathways for Renewal. Edited by Suzanne J. Crawford O’Brien. Reviewed by Benjamin L. Pérez
- Sacagawea: A Biography. By April R. Summit; Sitting Bull: A Biography. By Edward J. Rielly; Tecumseh: A Biography. By Amy H. Sturgis. Reviewed by Marlette Grant-Jackson
- Scottish Highlanders and Native Americans: Indigenous Education
in the Eighteenth-Century Atlantic World. By Margaret Connell Szasz. Reviewed by Hilary E. Wyss
- Seven Generations of Iroquois Leadership: The Six Nations since 1800. By Laurence M. Hauptman. Reviewed by Kevin J. White
- Speak Like Singing: Classics of Native American Literature. Kenneth Lincoln. Reviewed by Laura Adams Weaver
- The Third Space of Sovereignty: The Postcolonial Politics of U.S.- Indigenous Relations. By Kevin Bruyneel. Reviewed by David Martínez
- From Warriors to Soldiers: The History of Native American Service in the United States Military. By Gary Robinson and Phil Lucas. Reviewed by Pamela D. Bennett
- White People, Indians, and Highlanders: Tribal Peoples and Colonial Encounters in Scotland and America. By Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Shawn Wiemann
- On Zion’s Mount: Mormons, Indians, and the American Landscape. By Jared Farmer. Reviewed by John W. Heaton
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.