To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 32, No. 1 (2008)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Paradox of Sovereignty: Contingencies of Meaning in American Indian Treaty Discourse by Caskey Russell
- Tropic Trappings in Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto and Joseph Nicolar`s The Life and Traditions of the Red Man by Annette Kolodny
- Activist Media in Native AIDS Organizing: Theorizing the Colonial Conditions of AIDS by Scott Morgensen
- Renewing Haudenosaunee Ties: Laura Cornelius Kellogg and the Idea of Unity in the Oneida Land Claim by Kristina Ackley
- “Strange Things Happen to Non-Christian People”: Human-Animal Transformation among the Iñupiat of Arctic Alaska by Joslyn Cassady
- Internet Resources for Native American and Canadian Aboriginal Studies by David A. Smith
- African Creeks: Estelvste and the Creek Nation. By Gary Zellar. Reviewed by Fay A. Yarbrough
- Archaeology of the Lower Muskogee Creek Indians, 1715–1836. By H. Thomas Foster II. Reviewed by Charles R. Cobb
- Art of the Northwest Coast. By Aldona Jonaitis. Reviewed by Judith Ostrowitz
- Big Medicine from Six Nations. By Ted C. Williams. Reviewed by Barbara Alice Mann
- Casino and Museum: Representing Mashantucket Pequot Identity. By John J. Bodinger de Uriarte. Reviewed by Sioux Harvey
- The Choctaws in Oklahoma: From Tribe to Nation, 1855–1970. By Clara Sue Kidwell. Reviewed by Mary Young
- The Collected Writings of Samson Occom, Mohegan: Leadership and Literature in Eighteenth-Century Native America. Edited by Joanna Brooks. Reviewed by Laura Leibman
- The Black Hawk War of 1832. By Patrick J. Jung. Reviewed by John P. Bowes
- Cornplanter: Chief Warrior of the Allegany Senecas. By Thomas S. Abler. Reviewed by Jon Parmenter
- History Is in the Land: Multivocal Tribal Traditions in Arizona`s San Pedro Valley. By T. J. Ferguson and Chip Colwell-Chanthaphonh. Reviewed by Jerome M. Levi
- The Memoirs of Lt. Henry Timberlake: The Story of a Soldier, Adventurer, and Emissary to the Cherokees, 1756–1765. Edited by Duane H. King. Reviewed by Andrew Denson
- Mountain Spirit: The Sheep Eater Indians of Yellowstone. By Lawrence L. Loendorf and Nancy Medaris Stone. Reviewed by Robert McCarl
- Native Hubs: Culture, Community, and Belonging in Silicon Valley and Beyond. By Renya K. Ramirez. Reviewed by G. H. Grandbois
- Native Seattle: Histories from the Crossing-Over Place. By Coll Thrush. Reviewed by Heather A. Howard
- New Indians, Old Wars. By Elizabeth Cook-Lynn. Reviewed by Tom Holm
- New Perspectives on Pottery Mound Pueblo. Edited by Polly Schaafsma. Reviewed by Judith A. Habicht-Mauche
- Not Without Our Consent: Lakota Resistance to Termination, 1950–59. By Edward Charles Valandra. Reviewed by Paula Wagoner
- Reclaiming Diné History: The Legacies of Navajo Chief Manuelito and Juanita. By Jennifer Nez Denetdale. Reviewed by Anthony K. Webster
- Wabanaki Homeland and the New State of Maine: The 1820 Journal and Plans of Survey of Joseph Treat. Edited by Micah A. Pawling. Reviewed by Neal Salisbury
- Washita Memories: Eyewitness Views of Custer`s Attack on Black Kettle`s Village. By Richard G. Hardorff. Reviewed by Richard N. Ellis
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.