To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 31, No. 4 (2007)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Finding Fault: Indigenous Seismology, Colonial Science, and the Rediscovery of Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Cascadia by Coll Thrush with Ruth S. Ludwin
- Robert A. Roessel Jr. and Navajo Community College: Cross-Cultural Roles of Key Individuals in Its Creation, 1951–1989 by T. Gregory Barrett and Lourene Thaxton
- Selling Indian Education: Fundraising and American Indian Identities at Bacone College, 1880–1941 by Lisa K. Neuman
- Elucidating Abstract Concepts and Complexity in Louise Erdrich`s Love Medicine through Metaphors of Quilts and Quilt Making by Deborah Weagel
- In Defense of Black Robe: A Reply to Ward Churchill by Kristof Haavik
- Reasserting “Consensus”: A Somewhat Bitterly Amused Response to Kristof Haavik’s “In Defense of Black Robe” by Ward Churchill
- Becoming Two-Spirit: Gay Identity and Social Acceptance in Indian
Country. By Brian Joseph Gilley. Reviewed by Jay Miller
- Blonde Indian: An Alaska Native Memoir. By Ernestine Hayes. Reviewed by Paul Brooke
- Canyon Gardens: The Ancient Pueblo Landscapes of the American Southwest. Edited by V. B. Price and Baker H. Morrow. Reviewed by Michael M. Brescia
- The Cherokee Nation in the Civil War. By Clarissa W. Confer. Reviewed by James H. O’Donnell
- Crossing Waters, Crossing Worlds: The African Diaspora in Indian Country. Edited by Tiya Miles and Sharon P. Holland. Reviewed by Patricia Penn Hilden
- Diabetes among the Pima: Stories of Survival. By Carolyn Smith-Morris. Reviewed by Linda C. Garro
- Inconstant Companions: Archaeology and North American Indian Oral Traditions. By Ronald J. Mason. Reviewed by Wesley Bernardini
- In the Footsteps of Our Ancestors: The Dakota Commemorative Marches of the 21st Century. Edited by Waziyatawin Angela Wilson. Reviewed by Leonard R. Bruguier (Tahunska Tanka)
- Louisiana Creoles: Cultural Recovery and Mixed-Race Native American Identity. By Andrew J. Jolivette. Reviewed by Stephanie May De Montigny
- Native Americans and the Criminal Justice System. Edited by Jeffrey Ian Ross and Larry Gould. Reviewed by Rich Braunstein
- The Native Peoples of North America: A History. By Bruce E. Johansen. Reviewed by John P. Bowes
- Native Vote: American Indians, the Voting Rights Act, and the Right to Vote. By Daniel McCool, Susan M. Olson, and Jennifer L. Robinson. Reviewed by Timothy Kubal
- The Navajo People and Uranium Mining. Edited by Doug Brugge, Timothy Benally, and Esther Yazzie-Lewis. Reviewed by Robert S. McPherson
- Peoples of the River Valleys: The Odyssey of the Delaware Indians. By Amy C. Schutt. Reviewed by Shawn G. Wiemann
- The Singing Bird: A Cherokee Novel. By John Milton Oskison. Edited by Timothy B. Powell and Melinda Smith Mullikin. Reviewed by Carol Miller
- Tribal Policing: Asserting Sovereignty, Seeking Justice. By Eileen Luna-Firebaugh. Reviewed by Jon`a F. Meyer
- Two Families: Treaties and Government. By Harold Johnson. Reviewed by Rick Fehr
- “Until Our Hearts Are on the Ground”: Aboriginal Mothering, Oppression, Resistance and Rebirth. Edited by D. Memee Lavell-Harvard and Jeanette Corbiere Lavell. Reviewed by Jo-Anne Fiske
- When You Sing It Now, Just Like New: First Nations Poetics, Voices, and Representations. By Robin Ridington and Jillian Ridington. Reviewed by Anthony K. Webster
- The Witches of Abiquiu: The Governor, the Priest, the Genízaro Indians, and the Devil. By Malcolm Ebright and Rick Hendricks. Reviewed by Robert J. Tórrez
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.