To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 31, No. 3 (2007) Special Edition -- The Representation of American Indian Culture as Artifact or Artwork
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Introduction: Representing Native America by Rebecca S. Hernandez
- The Indian Fashion Show: Manipulating Representations of Native Attire in Museum Exhibits to Fight Stereotypes in 1942 and 1998 by Nancy J. Parezo
- The Booth Sitters of Santa Fe`s Indian Market: Making and Maintaining Authenticity by Bruce Bernstein
- The Creative Terrain of Numbe Whageh: Creating Memory, Leading to Center by Kathy Freise
- The Visualization of Native-American Peoples in a Late-Nineteenth-Century Sculpture Program in Vienna, Austria by Gerard W. van Bussel
- Identified Indian Objects: An Examination of Category by Rebecca S. Hernandez
- Pure Objects, Pure Persons: Artwriting and the Cultural Frame of Traditional Native American Art by Lea S. McChesney
- The Art of Native Life: Exhibiting Culture and Identity at the National Museum of the American Indian by Rachel E. G. Griffin
- Cultural Mediations: Or How to Listen to Lewis and Clark's Indian Artifacts by Scott Stevens
- American Indian Literary Nationalism. By Jace Weaver, Craig S. Womack, and Robert Warrior. Reviewed by Brewster Fitz
- Bear Island: The War at Sugar Point. By Gerald Vizenor. Reviewed by Brenda J. Child
- The Columbia Guide to American Indian Literatures of the United States since 1945. Edited by Eric Cheyfitz. Reviewed by Laura Adams Weaver
- Cultural Representation in Native America. Edited by Andrew Jolivétte. Reviewed by Christina Gish Berndt
- D`Arcy McNickle`s The Hungry Generations: The Evolution of a Novel. Edited by Birgit Hans. Reviewed by Lee Schweninger
- Drinking and Sobriety among the Lakota Sioux. By Beatrice Medicine. Reviewed by Philip A. May
- Edward P. Dozier: The Paradox of the American Indian Anthropologist. By Marilyn Norcini. Reviewed by William Willard
- Empires of the Atlantic World: Britain and Spain in America, 1492–1830. By J. H. Elliott. Reviewed by Robert Morrissey
- Keeping It Living: Traditions of Plant Use and Cultivation on the Northwest Coast of North America. Edited by Douglas Deur and Nancy J. Turner. Reviewed by Laurie Osher and Peter A. Leach
- Making Indian Law: The Hualapai Land Case and the Birth of Ethnohistory. By Christian W. McMillen. Reviewed by Matthew L. M. Fletcher
- Muting White Noise: Native American and European American Novel Traditions. By James H. Cox. Reviewed by Maria Orban
- Native Moderns: American Indian Painting, 1940–1960. By Bill Anthes. Reviewed by Alfred Young Man
- Notebooks of Elizabeth Cook-Lynn. By Elizabeth Cook-Lynn. Reviewed by Sidner Larson
- Prophets of the Great Spirit: Native American Revitalization Movements in Eastern North America. By Alfred A. Cave. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer
- The Sound the Stars Make Rushing through the Sky: The Writings of Jane Johnston Schoolcraft. Edited by Robert Dale Parker. Reviewed by Joanna Brooks
- The True Story of Pocahontas: The Other Side of History. By Linwood “Little Bear” Custalow and Angela L. Daniel “Silver Star.” Reviewed by Lisa Heuvel
- Violence over the Land: Indians and Empires in the Early American West. By Ned Blackhawk. Reviewed by Kim M. Gruenwald
- Wisconsin Indian Literature: Anthology of Native Voices. Edited by Kathleen Tigerman. Reviewed by Phillip H. Round
- Words of the Huron. By John L. Steckley. Reviewed by Craig Kopris
X-Indian Chronicles: The Book of Mausape. By Thomas M. Yeahpau. Reviewed by Michael Snyder
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.