To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 31, No. 1 (2007)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Indian Activism, the Great Society, Indian Self-Determination, and the Drive for an Indian College or University, 1964–71, by Steven J. Crum
- American Indians in the News: A Media Portrayal in Crime Articles, by Adrienne Freng
- “I Should Not Be Wearing a Pilgrim Hat”: Making an Indian Place in Urban Schools, 1945–75, by Steve Amerman
- Potlatch and Powwow: Dynamics of Culture through Lives Lived Dancing, by Tracy J. Andrews and Jon Olney
- Storytelling: The Heart of American Indian Scholarship, by Frances Washburn
- American Indian Constitutional Reform and the Rebuilding of Native Nations, edited by Eric D. Lemont. Reviewed by Eileen Luna-Firebaugh
- American Indian Rhetorics of Survivance: Word Medicine, Word Magic, edited by Ernest Stromberg. Reviewed by Mary E. Stuckey
- Bernie Whitebear: An Urban Indian`s Quest for Justice, by Lawney L. Reyes. Reviewed by D. Anthony Tyeeme Clark
- Black Silk Handkerchief: A Hom-Astubby Mystery, by D. L. Birchfield. Reviewed by Susan L. Rockwell
- The Collected Speeches of Sagoyewatha, or Red Jacket, edited by Granville Ganter. Reviewed by Jason Edward Black
- Elias Cornelius Boudinot: A Life on the Cherokee Border, by James W. Parins. Reviewed by Tiya Miles
- Ghost Dances and Identity: Prophetic Religion and American Indian Ethnogenesis in the Nineteenth Century, by Gregory E. Smoak. Reviewed by John W. Heaton
- Money Pitcher: Chief Bender and the Tragedy of Indian Assimilation, by William C. Kashatus. Reviewed by C. Richard King
- Our Fire Survives the Storm: A Cherokee Literary History, by Daniel Heath Justice. Reviewed by Diane Glancy
- Quest for Tribal Acknowledgment: California`s Honey Lake Maidus, by Sara-Larus Tolley with foreword by Greg Sarris. Reviewed by Les Field
- A Seat at the Table: Huston Smith in Conversation with Native Americans on Religious Freedom, edited by Huston Smith. Reviewed by Steve Talbot
- Something New in the Air: The Story of First Peoples Television Broadcasting in Canada, by Lorna Roth. Reviewed by Victoria Bomberry
- Sovereignty Matters: Locations of Contestation and Possibility in Indigenous Struggles for Self-Determination, edited by Joanne Barker. Reviewed by Charlotte Coté
- Switchbacks: Art, Ownership, and Nuxalk National Identity, by Jennifer Kramer. Reviewed by Alexis Bunten
- Tribal Water Rights: Essays in Contemporary Law, Policy, and Economics, edited by John Thorson, Sarah Britton, and Bonnie G. Colby. Reviewed by Robert T. Anderson
- The Unquiet Grave: The FBI and the Struggle for the Soul of Indian Country, by Steve Hendricks. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- We Know Who We Are: Métis Identity in a Montana Community, by Martha Harroun Foster. Reviewed by Mike Evans
- Where Lightning Strikes: The Lives of American Indian Sacred Places, by Peter Nabokov. Reviewed by John A. Grim
- The World We Used to Live In: Remembering the Powers of the Medicine Men, by Vine Deloria Jr. Reviewed by Lee Irwin
- The Year the Sun Died, by Kenneth Lincoln. Reviewed by Charles Brashear
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.