To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 30, No. 4 (2006)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Bringing Culture in: Community Responses to Apology, Reconciliation, and Reparations, by Bruce Granville Miller
- First Nations, Consultation, and the Rule of Law: Salmon Farming and Colonialism in British Columbia, by Dorothee Schreiber
- Myth, Metaphor, and Meaning in “The Boy Who Could Not Understand”: A Study of Seneca Auto-Criticism, by Jay Hansford C. Vest
- Out of the Woods: The Making of the Maine Indian Claims Settlement Act, by Dean J. Kotlowski
- Healthy Families on American Indian Reservations: A Summary of Six Years of Research, by Tribal College Faculty, Staff, and Students by Louellyn White, Joseph “Jay” H. Stauss, and Claudia E. Nelson
- Energy Planning for Indian Nations within the WRAP: A Field Guide, by Thomas L. Acker, Chian Jones, and Dean Howard Smith
- America Is Indian Country: Opinions and Perspectives from Indian Country Today, edited by José Barreiro and Tim Johnson. Reviewed by Susan Lobo and Colin Ben
- Authentic Indians: Episodes of Encounter from the Late-Nineteenth-Century Northwest Coast, by Paige Raibmon. Reviewed by Brian Thom
- Bibliography of Native American Bibliographies, compiled by Phillip M. White. Reviewed by Kenneth Wade
- The Boundaries between Us: Natives and Newcomers along the Frontiers of the Old Northwest Territory, 1750–1850, edited by Daniel P. Barr. Reviewed by Bob Morrissey
- Buried Indians: Digging Up the Past in a Midwestern Town, by Laurie Hovell McMillin. Reviewed by Richard M. Wheelock
- The Conquest of Texas: Ethnic Cleansing in the Promised Land, 1820–1875, by Gary Clayton Anderson. Reviewed by Matthew Babcock
- The Dall Sheep Dinner Guest: Inupiaq Narratives of Northwest Alaska, by Wanni Wibulswasdi Anderson and John Patkuraq Brown. Reviewed by Alexis Bunten
- The Indian Chief as Tragic Hero: Native Resistance and the Literatures of America, from Moctezuma to Tecumseh, by Gordon M. Sayre. Reviewed by Maureen Konkle
- Light on the Path: The Anthropology and History of the Southeastern Indians, edited by Thomas J. Pluckhahn and Robbie Franklyn Etheridge. Reviewed by Heidi Altman
- Like the Sound of a Drum: Aboriginal Cultural Politics in Denendeh and Nunavut, by Peter Kulchyski. Reviewed by Katherine Beaty Chiste
- Living with Strangers: The Nineteenth-Century Sioux and the Canadian-American Borderlands, by David G. McCrady. Reviewed by William A. Dobak
- Maps of Experience: The Anchoring of Land to Story in Secwepemc Discourse, by Andie Diane N. Palmer. Reviewed by Kathleen A. Dahl
- Native American Placenames of the United States, by William Bright. Reviewed by Paul V. Kroskrity
- Oneida Lives: Long-Lost Voices of the Wisconsin Oneidas, edited by Herbert S. Lewis. Reviewed by Kenneth Mello
- Peoples of the Plateau: The Indian Photographs of Lee Moorhouse, 1898–1915, by Steven L. Grafe. Reviewed by George P. Horse Capture Sr.
- The Shawnees and Their Neighbors 1795–1870, by Stephen Warren. Reviewed by Donald L. Fixico
- The Shoshone-Bannocks: Culture and Commerce at Fort Hall, 1870–1940, by John W. Heaton. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Working the Navajo Way: Labor and Culture in the Twentieth Century, by Colleen O`Neill. Reviewed by Martha C. Knack
- Writing the Cross Culture: Native Fiction on the White Man`s Religion, edited by James Treat. Reviewed by Ervan G. Garrison
- Yupiit Qanruyutait: Yup`ik Words of Wisdom, edited by Ann Fienup-Riordan. Reviewed by Walkie Charles
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.