To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 30, No. 3 (2006)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- A Little School, A Reservation Divided: Quaker Education and Allegany Seneca Leadership in the Early American Republic, by Mark A. Nicholas
- When Love Medicine Is Not Enough: Class Conflict and Work Culture on and off the Reservation, by Reginald Dyck
- Identity, Cultural Values, and American Indians` Perceptions of Science and Technology, by Keith James
- Holistic Community Development: Wellness for the Collective Body, by Kerin Gould
- Researching Indigenous Indians in Southern California: Commentary, Bibliography, and Online Resources, by Imre Sutton
- Algonquian Spirit: Contemporary Translations of the Algonquian Literatures of North America, edited by Brian Swann. Reviewed by Ron Welburn
- Building on a Borrowed Past: Place and Identity in Pipestone, Minnesota, by Sally J. Southwick. Reviewed by Anton Treuer
- The Cambridge Companion to Native American Literature, edited by Joy Porter and Kenneth M. Roemer. Reviewed by Jace Weaver
- Chee Chee: A Study of Canadian Aboriginal Suicide, by Al Evans. Reviewed by Jessiline Anderson
- Conquest: Sexual Violence and American Indian Genocide, by Andrea Smith. Reviewed by Karren Baird-Olson
- Coyote Warrior: One Man, Three Tribes, and the Trial That Forged a Nation, by Paul VanDevelder. Reviewed by John M. Shaw
- From Dominance to Disappearance: The Indians of Texas and the Near Southwest, 1786–1859, by F. Todd Smith. Reviewed by David La Vere
- Indian Metropolis: Native Americans in Chicago, 1945–75, by James B. LaGrand. Reviewed by Susan Lobo
- Indians and Emigrants: Encounters on the Overland Trails, by Michael L. Tate. Reviewed by Robert L. Munkres
- Indigenous Peoples and the Modern State, edited by Duane Champagne, Karen Jo Torjesen, and Susan Steiner. Reviewed by Greg Poelzer
- Justice as Healing: Indigenous Ways, edited by Wanda D. McCaslin. Reviewed by Brian Calliou
- Learning to Write “Indian”: The Boarding-School Experience and American Indian Literature, by Amelia V. Katanski. Reviewed by Raphael Comprone
- Like a Loaded Weapon: The Rehnquist Court, Indian Rights, and the Legal History of Racism in America, by Robert A. Williams. Reviewed by Alex Tallchief Skibine
- Native Americans in the School System: Family, Community, and Academic Achievement, by Carol J. Ward. Reviewed by Rosemary Ackley Christensen
- Navajo Nation Peacemaking: Living Traditional Justice, by Marianne O. Nielsen and James W. Zion. Reviewed by Pat Lauderdale
- Paths to a Middle Ground: The Diplomacy of Natchez, Boukfouka, Nogales, and San Fernando de las Barrancas, 1791–1795, by Charles A. Weeks. Reviewed by J. Daniel d’Oney
- The Plains Sioux and U.S. Colonialism from Lewis and Clark to Wounded Knee, by Jeffrey Ostler. Reviewed by Daniele Bolelli
- Powwow, edited by Clyde Ellis, Luke Eric Lassiter, and Gary H. Dunham. Reviewed by Christopher Scales
- Sovereign Selves: American Indian Autobiography and the Law, by David J. Carlson. Reviewed by Joanna Brooks
- To Intermix with Our White Brothers: Indian Mixed Bloods in the United States from Earliest Times to the Indian Removals, by Thomas N. Ingersoll. Reviewed by Benjamin L. Perez
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.