To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 30, No. 2 (2006)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Unrestricted Territory: Gender, Two Spirits, and Louise Erdrich`s The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse, by Deirdre Keenan
- Up against Giants: The National Indian Youth Council, the Navajo Nation, and Coal Gasification, 1974–77, by Bradley Glenn Shreve
- A Victim of Its Own Success: The Story of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Indian Fair, 1910–13, by Josh Clough
- A Tutelo Inquiry: The Ethnohistory of Chief Samuel Johns`s Correspondence with Dr. Frank G. Speck, by Jay Hansford C. Vest
- Community Participation in Tribal Diabetes Programs, by Carolyn Smith-Morris
- Contested Conversations: Presentations, Expectations, and Responsibility at the National Museum of the American Indian, by Joanne Barker and Clayton Dumont
- Beyond the Reach of Time and Change: Native American Reflections on the Frank A. Rinehart Photograph Collection, edited by Simon J. Ortiz. Reviewed by Steven Hoelscher
- Bringing Indians to the Book, by Albert Furtwangler. Reviewed by Michelene E. Pesantubbee
- A Broken Flute: The Native Experience in Books for Children, edited by Doris Seale and Beverly Slapin. Reviewed by Jaye T. Darby
- Children of Coyote, Missionaries of Saint Francis: Indian-Spanish Relations in Colonial California, 1769–1850, by Steven W. Hackel. Reviewed by Thomas Maxwell-Long
- Confronting Race: Women and Indians on the Frontier, 1815–1915, by Glenda Riley. Reviewed by Barbara Krauthamer
- Converting California: Indians and Franciscans in the Missions, by James A. Sandos. Reviewed by Peter Nabokov
- Creeks and Southerners: Biculturalism on the Early American Frontier, by Andrew K. Frank. Reviewed by Greg O`Brien
- Feast of Souls: Indians and Spaniards in the Seventeenth-Century Missions of Florida and New Mexico, by Robert C. Galgano. Reviewed by James A. Lewis
- Foot of the Mountain and Other Stories, by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by Sandra Baringer
- How the Indians Lost Their Land: Law and Power on the American Frontier, by Stuart Banner. Reviewed by James W. Oberly
- Indian Gaming and Tribal Sovereignty: The Casino Compromise, by Steven Andrew Light and Kathryn R. L. Rand. Reviewed by Kate Spilde Contreras
- Montana 1911: A Professor and His Wife among the Blackfeet. Edited by Mary Eggermont-Molenaar. Reviewed by Theodore (Ted) Binnema
- Native American Studies, by Clara Sue Kidwell and Alan Velie. Reviewed by Dale Turner
- Recovering the Sacred: The Power of Naming and Claiming, by Winona LaDuke. Reviewed by Steve Talbot
- Shades of Hiawatha: Staging Indians, Making Americans, 1880–1930, by Alan Trachtenberg. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- The Struggle for Self-Determination: History of the Menominee Indians since 1854, by David R. M. Beck. Reviewed by Larry Nesper
- Tséyi`, Deep in the Rock: Reflections on the Canyon de Chelly, by Laura Tohe and Stephen E. Strom. Reviewed by John E. Smelcer
- Viet Cong at Wounded Knee: The Trail of a Blackfeet Activist, by Woody Kipp. Reviewed by Allison Bernstein
- White Justice in Arizona: Apache Murder Trials in the Nineteenth Century, by Clare V. McKanna Jr. Reviewed by Richard N. Ellis
- Wise Words of the Yup`ik People: We Talk to You Because We Love You, by Ann Fienup-Riordan. Reviewed by Joseph G. Jorgensen
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.