To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 29, No. 2 (2005) Special Edition -- Research Case Studies
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Southwest Oregon Research Project: Strengthening Coquille Sovereignty with Archival Research and Gift Giving, by Jason Younker
- Local Governments, Tribal Governments, and Service Delivery: A Unique Approach to Negotiated Problem Solving, by Doug Goodman, Daniel C. McCool, and F. Ted Hebert
- Hantavirus in Indian Country: The First Decade in Review, by Richard Pottinger
- Attitudes about Disabilities in a Southeastern American Indian Tribe, by Bette R. Keltner, Nancy A. Crowell, and Wilford Taylor
- Cancer Control Research Training for Native Researchers: A Model for Development of Additional Native Researcher Training Programs, by Thomas M. Becker, Esther Dunn, Lillian Tom-Orme, and Jennie Joe
- Traditional Navajo Maps and Wayfinding, by Klara Kelley and Harris Francis
- When History Is Myth: Genocide and the Transmogrification of American Indians, by Chip Colwell-Chanthaphonh
- The American Indian Integration of Baseball, by Jeffrey Powers-Beck. Reviewed by William J. Bauer, Jr.
- The Apache Indians: In Search of the Missing Tribe, by Helge Ingstad. Reviewed by Philip J. Greenfeld
- Assimilation`s Agent: My Life as a Superintendent in the Indian Boarding School System, by Edwin L. Chalcraft. Reviewed by S. Carol Berg
- Coming to Shore: Northwest Coast Ethnology, Traditions, and Visions, edited by Marie Mauzé, Michael E. Harkin, and Sergei Kan. Reviewed by Nile R. Thompson
- Every Day Is a Good Day, by Wilma Mankiller. Reviewed by Carol Ward
- Friends and Enemies in Penn`s Woods: Indians, Colonists, and the Racial Construction of Pennsylvania, edited by William A. Pencak and Daniel K. Richter. Reviewed by John M. Shaw
- The History of the American Indians, by James Adair. Reviewed by Karl Davis
- Injun Joe`s Ghost: The Indian Mixed-Blood in American Writing, by Harry J. Brown. Reviewed by Margo Lukens
- Kahnawa`ke: Factionalism, Traditionalism, and Nationalism in a Mohawk Community, by Gerald F. Reid. Reviewed by John C. Mohawk
- Louis Owens: Literary Reflections on His Life and Work, edited by Jacquelyn Kilpatrick. Reviewed by Lee Schweninger
- Ojibwa Warrior: Dennis Banks and the Rise of the American Indian Movement, by Dennis Banks with Richard Erdoes. Reviewed by John Sanchez
- Paddling to Where I Stand: Agnes Alfred, Qwiqwasutinuxw Noblewoman, edited by Martine J. Reid. Reviewed by Bruce Granville Miller
- The Penobscot Dance of Resistance: Tradition in the History of a People, by Pauleena MacDougall. Reviewed by Christopher Bilodeau
- Precious Cargo: California Indian Cradle Baskets and Childbirth Traditions, by Brian Bibby Reviewed by Suzanne Griset
- Putting a Song on Top of It: Expression and Identity on the San Carlos Apache Reservation, by David W. Samuels. Reviewed by Anne Dhu McLucas
- Sacajawea`s People: The Lemhi Shoshones and the Salmon River Country, by John W. W. Mann. Reviewed by John W. Heaton
- Tell Me, Grandmother: Traditions, Stories, and Cultures of Arapaho People, by Virginia Sutter. Reviewed by Anonymous
- Threatening Anthropology: McCarthyism and the FBI’s Surveillance of Activist Anthropologists, by David H. Price. Reviewed by Helen Jaskoski
- Unsettled Past, Unsettled Future: The Story of Maine Indians, by Neil Rolde. Reviewed by Maureen E. Smith
- Voices from Four Directions: Contemporary Translations of the Native Literatures of North America, edited by Brian Swann. Reviewed by Paul V. Kroskrity
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.