To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 29, No. 1 (2005)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Buffalo Tiger, Bobo Dean, and the “Young Turks”: A Miccosukee Prelude to the 1975 Indian Self-Determination Act, by Harry A. Kersey Jr.
- Smartberries: Interpreting Erdrich`s Love Medicine, by David Treuer
- People and Place: Croatan Indians in Jim Crow Georgia, 1890–1920, by Malinda Maynor
- The Well-Being of Urban Indian Elders in Rochester, New York, by Susan Applegate Krouse and Margaret M. Andrews
- Economic Analysis of Energy-Efficiency Measures: Tribal Case Studies with the Yurok Tribe, the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation, and the Pascua Yaqui Tribe, by Thomas L. Acker, William M. Auberle, John D. Eastwood, David R. Laroche, Amanda S. Ormond, Robert P. Slack, and Dean H. Smith
- Alaska Native Political Leadership and Higher Education: One University, Two Universes, by Michael L. Jennings. Reviewed by Diane Hirshberg
- Alaska`s Daughter: An Eskimo Memoir of the Early Twentieth Century, by Elizabeth Bernhardt Pinson. Reviewed by Jeanette Bushnell
- Choctaw Tales, collected and annotated by Tom Mould. Reviewed by Laura Adams Weaver
- De Religione: Telling the Seventeenth-Century Jesuit Story in Huron to the Iroquois, edited and translated by John L. Steckley. Reviewed by Sean O`Neill
- Evil Corn, by Adrian C. Louis. Reviewed by Molly McGlennen
- Have You Thought of Leonard Peltier Lately? by Harvey Arden. Reviewed by Daniele Bolelli
- Indians in Unexpected Places, by Philip J. Deloria. Reviewed by C. Richard King
- Indians, Missionaries, and Merchants: The Legacy of Colonial Encounters on the California Frontiers, by Kent G. Lightfoot. Reviewed by Joshua Paddison
- Into the Canyon: Seven Years in Navajo Country, by Lucy Moore. Reviewed by Terri M. Baker
- Living Sideways: Tricksters in American Indian Oral Traditions, by Franchot Ballinger. Reviewed by Lola L. Hill
- Okfuskee: A Creek Indian Town in Colonial America, by Joshua Piker. Reviewed by Barbara Krauthamer
- Ordeal of Change: The Southern Utes and Their Neighbors, by Frances Leon Quintana. Reviewed by Robert S. McPherson
- Peyote and the Yankton Sioux: The Life and Times of Sam Necklace, by Thomas Constantine Maroukis. Reviewed by Raymond J. DeMallie
- Revenge of the Windigo: The Construction of the Mind and Mental Health of North American Aboriginal Peoples, by James B. Waldram. Reviewed by Beatrice Medicine
- Rogue Diamonds: Northern Riches on Dene Land, by Ellen Bielawski. Reviewed by Simon Brascoupé
- Standing Bear Is a Person: The True Story of a Native American`s Quest for Justice, by Stephen Dando-Collins. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- A Strange Likeness: Becoming Red and White in Eighteenth-Century North America, by Nancy Shoemaker. Reviewed by Rebecca Kugel
- “The Utes Must Go!”: American Expansion and the Removal of a People, by Peter R. Decker. Reviewed by Garrit Voggesser
- Waccamaw Legacy: Contemporary Indians Fight for Survival, by Patricia Barker Lerch. Reviewed by C. S. Everett
- Who Owns Native Culture? by Michael F. Brown. Reviewed by Tom Greaves
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.