To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 28, No. 4 (2004)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Cultured Memories: Power, Memory, and Finalism, by Richard Morris and Mary E. Stuckey
- The Fourteenth Amendment as Related to Tribal Indians: Section I, “Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof” and Section II, “Excluding Indians Not Taxed”, by George Beck
- Coyote Poems: Navajo Poetry, Intertextuality, and Language Choice, by Anthony K. Webster
- Race, Feminine Power, and the Vietnam War in Philip Red Eagle`s Red Earth, by Scott Andrews
- Clash of Cultures as Euphemism: Avoiding History at the Little Bighorn, by Timothy Braatz
- American Indian Education, a History, by Jon Allan Reyhner and Jeanne Eder. Reviewed by Margaret Connell Szasz
- The Anguish of Snails: Native American Folklore in the West, by Barre Toelken. Reviewed by Claire R. Farrer
- Battle for the BIA: G. E. E. Lindquist and the Missionary Crusade against John Collier, by David W. Daily. Reviewed by G. H. Grandbois
- Beginning Creek, by Pamela Joan Innes, Linda Alexander, and Bertha Tilkens. Reviewed by Ofelia Zepeda
- Bill Reid and Beyond: Expanding on Modern Native Art, edited by Karen Duffek and Charlotte Townsend-Gault. Reviewed by Kathryn Bunn-Marcuse
- “Bringing Them under Subjection”: California`s Tejón Reservation and Beyond, 1852–1864, by George Harwood Phillips. Reviewed by Steven M. Karr
- Coacoochee`s Bones: A Seminole Saga, by Susan A. Miller. Reviewed by Joyotpaul Chaudhuri
- Cultural Politics and the Mass Media: Alaska Native Voices, by Patrick J. Daley and Beverly A. James. Reviewed by Richard M. Wheelock
- Don`t Let the Sun Step over You: A White Mountain Apache Family Life, 1860–1975, by Eva Tulene Watt with assistance from Keith H. Basso. Reviewed by M. Eleanor Nevins
- Forgotten Tribes: Unrecognized Indians and the Federal Acknowledgment Process, by Mark Edwin Miller. Reviewed by Sara-Larus Tolley
- Ishi`s Brain: In Search of America`s Last Wild Indian, by Orin Starn. Reviewed by David Hurst Thomas
- Living in the Land of Death: The Choctaw Nation, 1830–1860, by Donna L. Akers. Reviewed by James Taylor Carson
- Murder on the Reservation: American Indian Crime Fiction, by Ray B. Browne. Reviewed by Cynthia Taylor
- Totkv Mocvse/New Fire: Creek Folktales, by Earnest Gouge. Reviewed by Richard A. Sattler
- Oracles: A Novel, by Melissa Tantaquidgeon Zobel. Reviewed by Philip Heldric
- Reassessing Revitalization Movements: Perspectives from North America and the Pacific Islands, edited by Michael D. Harkin. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- The Red Man`s on the Warpath: The Image of the “Indian” and the Second World War, by R. Scott Sheffield. Reviewed by Charles Ynfante
- Tsawalk. A Nuu-chah-nulth Worldview, by E. Richard Atleo. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- Unaffected by the Gospel: Osage Resistance to the Christian Invasion, 1673–1906: A Cultural Victory, by Willard Hughes Rollings. Reviewed by George E. “Tink” Tinker
- The Whales, They Give Themselves: Conversations with Harry Brower Sr., edited by Karen Brewster. Reviewed by Chris B. Wooley
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.