To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 28, No. 2 (2004)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- "This Is My Reservation; I Belong Here": Salish and Kootenai Battle Termination with Self-Determination, 1953–1999, by Jaakko Puisto
- Wampum Belts with Initials and/or Dates as Design Elements: A Preliminary Review of One Subcategory of Political Belts, by Marshall Joseph Becker and Jonathan Lainey
- Foucault and Colonial Strategy in Douglas C. Jones`s Arrest Sitting Bull, by Peter G. Murphy
- Navajo Electrification for Sustainable Development: The Potential Economic and Social Benefits, by Bain, Ballentine, DeSouza, Majure, Smith, and Turek
- Making Traditional Spaces: Cultural Compromise at Two-Spirit Gatherings in Oklahoma, by Brian Joseph Gilley
- Social and Economic Consequences of Indian Gaming in Oklahoma, by Kenneth W. Grant II, Katherine A. Spilde, and Jonathan B. Taylor
- NAMes, by Scott Andrews
- NAMes II, by Scott Andrews
- Water Spiders Gift, by Scott Andrews
- America`s Second Tongue: American Indian Education and the Ownership of English, 1860–1900, by Ruth Spack. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- Anthropologists and Indians in the New South, edited by Rachel A. Bonney and J. Anthony Paredes. Reviewed by Stephanie May de Montigny
- The Bird Is Gone: A Manifesto, by Stephen Graham Jones. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
- Buffalo Bill and Sitting Bull: Inventing the Wild West, by Bobby Bridger. Reviewed by S. Elizabeth Bird
- Choctaws in a Revolutionary Age, 1750–1830, by Greg O`Brien. Reviewed by Brad Watkins
- The Future of Indigenous Peoples: Strategies for Survival and Development, edited by Duane Champagne and Ismael Abu-Saad. Reviewed by Jeff Corntassel
- Gambling and Survival in Native North America, by Paul Pasquaretta. Reviewed by Nicholas C. Peroff
- Irene Avaalaaqiaq: Myth and Reality, by Judith Nasby. Reviewed by Mary Jo Watson
- Ishi in Three Centuries, edited By Karl Kroeber and Clifton Kroeber. Reviewed by Albert L. Hurtado
- Lelooska: The Life of a Northwest Coast Artist, by Chris Friday. Reviewed by Ronald Hawker
- Native American Power in the United States, 1783–1795, by Celia Barnes. Reviewed by Richard N. Ellis
- Navajo Beadwork: Architectures of Light, by Ellen K. Moore. Reviewed by Orit Tamir
- Navajo Saddle Blankets: Textiles to Ride in the American West, edited by Lane Coulter. Reviewed by Kathleen Whitaker
- Ndakinna (Our Land): New and Selected Poems, by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by J. C. Ellefson
- Our Stories Remember: American Indian History, Culture, and Values through Storytelling, by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by Victoria Bomberry
- Real Indians: Identity and the Survival of Native America, by Eva Marie Garroutte. Reviewed by Andrew James Jolivétte
- Spider Woman Walks This Land: Traditional Cultural Properties and the Navajo Nation, by Kelli Carmean. Reviewed by Charles Cambridge
- Standing Ground: Yurok Indian Spirituality, 1850–1990, by Thomas Buckley. Reviewed by James V. Spickard
- Strong Women Stories: Native Vision and Community Survival, edited by Kim Anderson and Benita Lawrence. Reviewed by Katherine Beaty Chiste
- Under the Palace Portal: Native American Artists in Santa Fe, by Karl Hoerig. Reviewed by Suzanne Newman Fricke
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.