To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 28, No. 1 (2004) Special Edition -- Teaching Leslie Marmon Silkos Novel Ceremony
Edited by Denise Low and Peter G. Beidler
Preface, by Denise Low and Peter G. Beidler
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Grandma`s Wicker Sewing Basket: Untangling the Narrative Threads in Silko`s Ceremony, by Peter G. Beidler and Robert M. Nelson
- Robert Leslie Evans: A Real-Life Model for Tayo in Silko`s Ceremony by Leslie Evans, edited by Denise Low
- Bloody Mud, Rifle Butts, and Barbed Wire: Transforming the Bataan Death March in Silkos Ceremony, by Peter G. Beidler
- "My Brother": The Recovery of Rocky in Leslie Marmon Silko`s Ceremony, by Troy J. Bassett
- A Toxic Legacy: Stories of Jackpile Mine, by Connie A. Jacobs
- From Delirium to Coherence: Shamanism and Medicine Plants in Silko`s Ceremony, by Thomas F. Weso
- Settling for Vision in Silko`s Ceremony: Sun Man, Arrowboy, and Tayo, by Robert M. Nelson
- Unlearning the Legacy of Conquest: Possibilities for Ceremony in the Non-Native Classroom, by Virginia Kennedy
- American Gypsy: Six Native American Plays, by Diane Glancy. Reviewed by Jaye T. Darby
- Captives and Cousins: Slavery, Kinship, and Community in the Southwest Borderlands, by James F. Brooks. Reviewed by Ned Blackhawk
- Choctaw Prophecy: A Legacy of the Future, by Tom Mould. Reviewed by Marcia Haag
- Evolution, Creationism, and Other Modern Myths: A Critical Inquiry, by Vine Deloria, Jr. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- Four Souls, by Louise Erdrich. Reviewed by Peter G. Beidler
- In Bitterness and Tears: Andrew Jackson`s Destruction of the Creeks and Seminoles, by Sean Michael O`Brien. Reviewed by Mary Young
- A Necessary Balance: Gender and Power among the Indians of the Columbia Plateau, by Lillian A. Ackerman. Reviewed by Renae Moore Bredin
- Singing the Songs of My Ancestors: The Life and Music of Helman Swan, Makah Elder, by Linda J. Goodman and Helma Swan. Reviewed by Paula Conlon
- The Solidarity of Kin: Ethnohistory, Religious Studies and the Algonkian-French Religious Encounter, by Kenneth M. Morrison. Reviewed by Dianne Quigley
- The Vengeful Wife and Other Blackfoot Stories, by Hugh A. Dempsey. Reviewed by Nimachia Hernandez
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.