To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 27, No. 4 (2003)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Viewing Indians: Native Encounters with Power, Tourism, and the Camera in the Wisconsin Dells, 1866–1907, by Steven Hoelscher
- The Dynamics of American Indian Diplomacy in the Great Lakes Region, by Benjamin Ramirez-Shkwegnaabi
- Salmon Farming and Salmon People: Identity and Environment in the Leggatt Inquiry, by Dorothee Schreiber
- Ethnic Prejudice Against the Mapuche in Chilean Society as a Reflection of the Racist Ideology of the Spanish Conquistadors, by María E. Merino and Daniel Quilaqueo
- Windigo Ways: Eating and Excess in Louise Erdrich's The Antelope Wife, by Julie Tharp
- Developing an American Indian Studies Program: A View from Ground Zero, by Samuel R. Cook
- Being Dakota: Tales and Traditions of the Sisseton and Wahpeton, by Amos E. Oneroad and Alanson B. Skinner. Reviewed by Paul Brooke
- Conversations with the High Priest of Coosa, by Charles M. Hudson. Reviewed by Robbie Ethridge
- Fort Robinson and the American West, 1874–1899, by Thomas R. Buecker. Reviewed by Gerardo Garcia
- The Great Encounter: Native Peoples and European Settlers in the Americas, 1492–1800, by Jayme A. Sokolow. Reviewed by Miguel M. Chavez
- Improving American Indian Health Care: The Western Cherokee Experience, by C. William Steeler. Reviewed by Jennie R. Joe
- Interpreting the Legacy: John Neihardt and Black Elk Speaks, by Brian Holloway. Reviewed by Martha L. Viehmann
- The Invention of Native American Literature, by Robert Dale Parker. Reviewed by Eric Gary Anderson
- Keepers of the Morning Star: An Anthology of Native Women`s Theater, edited by Jaye T. Darby and Stephanie Fitzgerald. Reviewed by Julie Pearson-Little Thunder
- Native Americans, Archaeologists, and the Mounds, by Barbara Alice Mann. Reviewed by Martha McCollough
- The Native Americans of the Texas Edwards Plateau, 1582–1799, by Maria F. Wade. Reviewed by David La Vere
- Powhatan Lords of Life and Death: Command and Consent in Seventeenth-Century Virginia, by Margaret Holmes Williamson. Reviewed by Yasuhide Kawashima
- Riding Buffaloes and Broncos, by Allison Fuss Mellis. Reviewed by Jim Hoy
- The Shadow`s Horse, by Diane Glancy. Reviewed by Sidner Larson
- Surviving Conquest: A History of the Yavapai Peoples, by Timothy Braatz. Reviewed by Gerhard Grytz
- Telling Stories the Kiowa Way, by Gus Palmer, Jr. Reviewed by Benjamin R. Kracht
- Uncas, First of the Mohegans, by Michael Leroy Oberg. Reviewed by Paul Apodaca
- War under Heaven: Pontiac, the Indian Nations, and the British Empire, by Gregory Evans Dowd. Reviewed by James D. Drake
- The Way of the Warrior: Stories of the Crow People. Edited by Phenocia Bauerle, compiled and translated by Henry Old Coyote and Barney Old Coyote, Jr. Reviewed by Lanny Real Bird
- When Brer Rabbit Meets Coyote, edited by Jonathan Brennan. Reviewed by Raphael Comprone
- Yuchi Ceremonial Life: Performance, Meaning, and Tradition in a Contemporary American Indian Community, by Jason Baird Jackson. Reviewed by J. Anthony Paredes
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.