To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 27, No. 3 (2003)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Wife, Mother, Provider, Defender, God: Women in Lakota Winter Counts, by Barbara Risch
- Planning for Sustainable Reservation Economic Development: A Case Study of the Swinomish Marina and Mixed-Use Commercial Development, by Nicholas Christos Zaferatos
- "In the Old Language": A Glossary of Ojibwe Words, Phrases, and Sentences in Louise Erdrich`s Novels, by Peter G. Beidler
- To Find a Treasure: The Nuu-chah-nulth Wolf Mask, by Arnold Kruger
- Topography of the Family Plot, by Kim TallBear
- Great-grandmother in the Second World, by Kim TallBear
- 15 minutes till grand entry, by Venaya J. Yazzie
- Alaska, an American Colony, by Stephen Haycox. Reviewed by Joseph G. Jorgensen
- The Archaeology and History of the Native Georgia Tribes, by Max E. White. Reviewed by Robbie Ethridge
- Aurelia: A Crow Creek Trilogy, by Elizabeth Cook-Lynn. Reviewed by Cheryl Bennett
- Blood Narrative: Indigenous Identity in American Indian and Maori Literary and Activist Texts, by Chadwick Allen. Reviewed by Sandra Baringer
- Circle of Goods: Women, Work, and Welfare in a Reservation Community, by Tressa Berman. Reviewed by Rebecca Dobkins
- Etowah: The Political History of a Chiefdom Capital, by Adam King. Reviewed by Claudine Payne
- Iroquoia: The Development of a Native World, by William Engelbrecht. Reviewed by Michael J. Mullin
- Language and Literacy Teaching for Indigenous Education: A Bilingual Approach, by Norbert Francis and Jon Reyhner. Reviewed by Margaret Bender
- The Little Water Medicine Society of the Senecas, by William N. Fenton. Reviewed by Kenneth M. Morrison
- "Mixed Blood" Indians: Racial Reconstruction in the Early South, by Theda Purdue. Reviewed by Russel Lawrence Barsh
- Native American Worldviews: An Introduction, by Jerry H. Gill. Reviewed by Anne Waters
- One Hundred Years of Old Man Sage: An Arapaho Life, by Jeffrey D. Anderson. Reviewed by Thomas H. Johnson
- Plateau Indians and the Quest for Spiritual Power, 1700–1850, by Larry Cebula. Reviewed by Rodney Frey
- Pow Wows, Fat Cats, and Other Indian Tales, by E. Donald Two-Rivers. Reviewed by Philip Heldrich
- Raising Ourselves: A Gwich`in Coming of Age Story from the Yukon River, by Velma Wallis. Reviewed by Phyllis Ann Fast
- The Renaissance of American Indian Higher Education, edited by Maenette K. P. Benham and Wayne J. Stein. Reviewed by S. Carol Berg
- Siege and Survival: History of the Menominee Indians, 1634–1856, by David R. M. Beck. Reviewed by Michael Leroy Oberg
- Termination`s Legacy: The Discarded Indians of Utah, by R. Warren Metcalf. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Voices from the Trail of Tears, by Vicki Rozema. Reviewed by William L. Anderson
- Worship and Wilderness: Culture, Religion, and Law in Public Lands Management, by Lloyd Burton. Reviewed by Noriko Ishiyama
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.