To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 26, No. 4 (2002)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Cincinnati`s Wild West: The 1896 Rosebud Sioux Encampment, by Susan Meyn
- Digging Up the Bones of the Past: Colonial and Indigenous Interplay in Winona LaDuke`s Last Standing Woman, by Steven Salaita
- The Blackfeet and the Black Robes, 1830–1850, by Garrit Voggesser
- Academic Indianismo: Social Scientific Research in American Indian Studies, by Steve Talbot
- Language, Violence, and Indian Mis-education, by Caskey Russell
- The Ob-Ugrian/Cal-Ugrian Connection: Rediscovering The Discovery of California, by Imre Sutton
- Allogan Slagle, 1951–2002, by Kenneth Lincoln
- American Nations: Encounters in Indian Country 1850 to the Present, edited by Frederick E. Hoxie, Peter C. Mancall, and James H. Merrell. Reviewed by Orit Tamir
- Bone and Juice, by Adrian C. Louis. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
Boundaries Between the Southern Paiutes, 1775–1995, by Martha C. Knack. Reviewed by Larry R. Stucki
- Clearing a Path: Theorizing the Past in Native American Studies, edited by Nancy Shoemaker. Reviewed by Alyssa Mt. Pleasant
- Colonial Challenges: Britons, Native Americans, and Caribs, 1759–1775, by Robin F. A. Fabel. Reviewed by Charles L. Cohen
- Culture in the American Southwest: The Earth, the Sky, the People, by Keith L. Bryant, Jr. Reviewed by Richard N. Ellis
- Exploding Chippewas, by Mark Turcotte. Reviewed by Heather Harris
- A Forest of Time: American Indian Ways of History, by Peter Nabokov. Reviewed by James B. LaGrand
- Improving American Indian Health Care: The Western Cherokee Experience, by C. William Steeler; co-edited by Rashid L. Bashur and Gary W. Shannon. Reviewed by Jennie R. Joe
- The Indian Slave Trade: The Rise of the English Empire in the American South, 1670–1717, by Alan Gallay. Reviewed by Stephen P. Van Hoak
- Language Shift Among the Navajos: Identity Politics and Cultural Continuity, by Deborah House. Reviewed by David Kamper
- Native Pragmatism: Rethinking the Roots of American Philosophy, by Scott L. Pratt. Reviewed by J. W. Powell
- Ojibwe Waasa Inaabidaa: We Look in All Directions, by Thomas Peacock and Marlene Wisuri. Reviewed by Cary Miller
- A Place to be Navajo: Rough Rock and the Struggle for Self-Determination in Indigenous Schooling, by Teresa L. McCarty; photographs by Fred Bia. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer
- Racial Revolutions: Antiracism and Indian Resurgence in Brazil, by Jonathan W. Warren. Reviewed by Linda Rabben
- Rebirth of the Blackfeet Nation, 1912–1954, by Paul C. Rosier. Reviewed by Theodore Binnema
- Roanoke and Wampum: Topics in Native American Heritage and Literatures, by Ron Welburn. Reviewed by Ward Churchill
- Southern Indians and Anthropologists: Culture, Politics, and Identity, edited by Lisa J. Lefler and Frederic W. Gleach. Reviewed by Steven M. Karr
- Studies in American Indian Art: A Memorial Tribute to Norman Feder, edited by Christian F. Feest. Reviewed by Jennifer McLerran
- Words in the Wilderness: Critical Literacy in the Borderlands, by Stephen Gilbert Brown. Reviewed by John E. Smelcer, Pamela Smelcer, and Ermine Hailey
Index, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, Volumes 1 to 16 (1974 to 2002)
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.