To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 26, No. 2 (2002)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Native and Christian: Religion and Spirituality as Transcultural Negotiation in American Indian Novels of the 1990s, by Karsten Fitz
- Limited Vision: Carl Albert, the Choctaws, and Native American Self-Determination, by Dean J. Kotlowski
- Owls: Images and Voices in the Ojibwa and Midewiwin Worlds, by Michael M. Pomedli
- Cartographic Review of Indian Land Tenure and Territoriality: A Schematic Approach, by Imre Sutton
- Violence, HIV/AIDS, and Native American Women in the Twenty-First Century, by Irene S. Vernon
- Talking Animals: An Interview with Murv Jacob, by Sean Teuton
- Evicted, by Mike Catalano
- Land of the Melting Trees, by Mike Catalano
- Grandmother Thomas, by Larry D. Thomas
- Migration Theories, by Laurie Anne Whitt
- Recovery, by Laurie Anne Whitt
- American Indian Languages: The Historical Linguistics of Native America, by Lyle Campbell. Reviewed by Margaret Field
- Anti-Indianism in Modern America: A Voice From Tatekeya`s Earth, by Elizabeth Cook-Lynn. Reviewed by Barbara Feezor Buttes
- The Archaeology of Traditions: Agency and History Before and After Columbus, edited by Timothy R. Pauketat. Reviewed by Hugh Fox
- The Black Seminole Legacy and North American Politics, 1693–1845, by Bruce Edward Twyman. Reviewed by Tiya Miles
- Creek Indian History: A Historical Narrative of the Genealogy, Traditions, and Downfall of the Ispocoga or Creek Indian Tribe of Indians, by George Stiggins. Reviewed by Craig Womack
- Feathering Custer, by W. S. Penn. Reviewed by Catherine Rainwater
- In the Words of Elders: Aboriginal Cultures in Transition, edited by Peter Kulchyski, Don McCaskill, and David Newhouse. Reviewed by John Norder
- Indian Nations of Wisconsin: Histories of Endurance and Renewal, by Patty Loew. Reviewed by James W. Oberly
- Interpretations of Native North American Life: Material Contributions to Ethnohistory, edited by Michael S. Nassaney and Eric S. Johnson. Reviewed by Tim E. Holzkamm
- Kit Carson and the Indians, by Tom Dunlay. Reviewed by J. Douglas Canfield
- Medicine That Walks: Disease, Medicine, and Canadian Plains Native People, 1880–1940, by Maureen K. Lux. Reviewed by Olive Patricia Dickason
- The Montaukett Indians of Eastern Long Island, by John A. Strong. Reviewed by Michael J. Mullin
- The Northern Navajo Frontier, 1860–1900: Expansion through Adversity, by Robert S. McPherson. Reviewed by Klara Kelley
- The Problem of Justice: Tradition and Law in the Coast Salish World, by Bruce G. Miller. Reviewed by Orit Tamir
- Struggle for the Gulf Coast Borderlands: The Creek War and the Battle of New Orleans, 1812–1815, by Frank Lawrence Owsley Jr. Reviewed by Brent R. Weisman
- Telling Their Stories: Essays on American Indian Literatures and Cultures, edited by Elizabeth Hoffman Nelson and Malcolm A. Nelson. Reviewed by Philip Heldrich
- Travels among the Dena: Exploring Alaska`s Yukon Valley, by Frederica De Laguna. Reviewed by Molly Lee
- Understanding Northwest Coast Art: A Guide to Crests, Beings, and Symbols, by Cheryl Shearar. Reviewed by Frederick H. White
- We`ll Be in Your Mountains, We`ll Be in Your Songs: A Navajo Woman Sings, by Ellen McCullough-Brabson and Marilyn Help. Reviewed by Tara Browner
- The Woman Who Watches Over the World, by Linda Hogan. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.