To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 26, No. 1 (2002)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Assessing Cultural Lifestyles of Urban American Indians, by Rose L. Clark and Richard H. Mendoza
- Bimaadiziwin, or the “Good Life,” as a Unifying Concept of Anishinaabe Religion, by Lawrence W. Gross
- American Indian and Non-Indian Philosophies of Technology and Their Differential Impact on the Environment of the Southern Puget Sound, by George M. Guilmet and David Lloyd Whited
- Rhoda Strong Lowry: The Swamp Queen of Scuffletown, by Eneida Sanderson Pugh
- Collective Guilt, Conservation, and Other Postmodern Messages in Contemporary Westerns: Last of the Dogmen and Grey Owl, by Maureen Trudelle Schwarz
- Rhetorical Bipartisanship: National Party Platforms and American Indian Politics, by Charles C. Turner
- A Final Word on Johansen, Grinde, and the Iroquois Example, by Robert L. Berner
- Dreams and Thunder: Stories, Poems, and The Sun Dance Opera, by Zitkala-Sa, edited by P. Jane Hafen. Reviewed by Melissa Hearn
- A Fateful Time: The Background and Legislative History of the Indian Reorganization Act, by Elmer R. Rusco. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Fifty Million Acres: Conflicts over Kansas Land Policy, 1854–1890, by Paul Wallace Gates. Reviewed by Benjamin Y. Dixon
- Gatewood and Geronimo, by Louis Kraft. Reviewed by Daniel P. Barr
- Going Native: Indians in the American Cultural Imagination, by Shari M. Huhndorf. Reviewed by Sandra Baringer
- The Great Peace of Montreal of 1701: French-Native Diplomacy in the Seventeenth Century, by Gilles Havard. Reviewed by Colin G. Calloway
- Indian Orphanages, by Marilyn Irvin Holt. Reviewed by Dian Million
- The Institute of American Indian Arts: Modernism and U.S. Indian Policy, by Joy L. Gritton. Reviewed by Nancy Marie Mithlo
- Leslie Marmon Silko: A Collection of Critical Essays, edited by Louise K. Barnett and James L. Thorson. Reviewed by Myrtle B. Beavers
- Momaday, Vizenor, Armstrong: Conversations on American Indian Writing, by Hartwig Isernhagen. Reviewed by Patrice Hollrah
- Native American Oral Traditions: Collaboration and Interpretation, edited by Larry Evers and Barre Toelken. Reviewed by David Kozak
- Native American Voices: A Reader, Second Edition, edited by Susan Lobo and Steve Talbot. Reviewed by Benjamin Perez
- Native American Weapons, by Colin F. Taylor. Reviewed by Daniele Bolelli
- The Nature of Native American Poetry, by Norma C. Wilson. Reviewed by Kathryn Thompson
- The People of Denendeh: Ethnohistory of the Indians of Canada`s Northwest Territories, by June Helm with contributions by Teresa S. Carterette and Nancy O. Lurie. Reviewed by Linda C. Garro
- Political Principles and Indian Sovereignty, by Thurman Lee Hester Jr. Reviewed by James Lopach
- American Indian Population Recovery in the Twentieth Century, by Nancy Shoemaker. Reviewed by Karl Eschbach
- Sarah Winnemucca, by Sally Zanjani. Reviewed by Catherine S. Fowler
- Teaching Spirits: Toward an Understanding of Native American Religious Traditions, by Joseph Epes Brown. Reviewed by Dianne Quigley
- The Urban Indian Experience in America, by Donald L. Fixico. Reviewed by K. K. Kuriakose
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.