To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 25, No. 3 (2001)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Representing Changing Woman: A Review Essay on Navajo Women, by Jennifer Nez Denetdale
- Babo`s Great-Great Granddaughter: The Presence of Benito Cereno in Green Grass, Running Water, by Robin Riley Fast
- Escape from Albuquerque: An Apache Memorate, by Philip J. Greenfeld
- Many Generations, Few Improvements: "Americans" Challenge Navajos on the Transcontinental Railroad Grant, Arizona, 1881–1887, by Klara Kelley and Harris Francis
- Reflexivity and Subjectivity in Early Native American Painting: A Critique of Perspectives on the Traditional Style, by Elizabeth Newsome
- Indian Gaming, Tribal Sovereignty, and American Indian Tribes as Complex Adaptive Systems, by Nicholas C. Peroff
- Instilling the Earth: Explaining Mounds, by Jay Miller
- American Indians, edited by Nancy Shoemaker. Reviewed by Cary C. Collins
- Blue Jacket: Warrior of the Shawnees, by John Sugden. Reviewed by John Beery
- Contrary Neighbors: Southern Plains and Removed Indians in Indian Territory, by David LaVere. Reviewed by Rennard Strickland
- Culture in the Marketplace: Gender, Art, and Value in the American Southwest, by Molly H. Mullin. Reviewed by Matthew J. Martinez
- Dakota Cross-Bearer: The Life and World of a Native American Bishop, by Mary E. Cochran. Reviewed by Robert H. Craig
- The Destruction of the Bison: An Environmental History, 1750–1920, by Andrew C. Isenberg. Reviewed by Peter Suzuki
- Dispossessing the Wilderness: Indian Removal and the Making of the National Parks, by Mark David Spence. Reviewed by Stella C. Mancillas
- Hopi Stories of Witchcraft, Shamanism, and Magic, by Ekkehart Malotki and Ken Gary. Reviewed by Louis A. Hieb
- Indian Mounds of Wisconsin, by Robert A. Birmingham and Leslie E. Eisenberg. Reviewed by Douglas Heffington
- Keeper of the Delaware Dolls, by Lynette Perry and Manny Skolnick. Reviewed by Helen M. Bannan
- Lakota Culture, World Economy, by Kathleen Ann Pickering. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- Mavericks on the Border: The Early Southwest in Historical Fiction and Film, by J. Douglas Canfield. Reviewed by Julie Tharp
- Native Religions and Cultures of North America: Anthropology of the Sacred, edited by Lawrence E. Sullivan. Reviewed by Steve Talbot
- The Plains Indian Photographs of Edward S. Curtis, edited by the University of Nebraska Press. Reviewed by Alexandra N. Harris
- Religion, Law, and the Land: Native Americans and the Judicial Interpretation of Sacred Land, by Brian Edward Brown. Reviewed by David E. Wilkins
- Sing with the Heart of a Bear: Fusions of Native and American Poetry, 1890–1999, by Kenneth Lincoln. Reviewed by Cecilia Ragaini
- Strangers to Relatives: The Adoption and Naming of Anthropologists in Native North America, edited by Sergei Kan. Reviewed by Patricia Pierce Erikson
- Team Spirits: The Native American Mascots Controversy, edited by C. Richard King and Charles Fruehling. Reviewed by Nancy Marie Mithlo
- Tobacco Use by Native North Americans: Sacred Smoke and Silent Killer, edited by Joseph C. Winter. Reviewed by Roberta Hall
- Writing Indians: Literacy, Christianity, and Native Community in Early America, by Hilary E. Wyss. Reviewed by Betty Booth Donohue
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.