To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 25, No. 1 (2001)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Teenage Mothering on the Navajo Reservation: An Examination of Intergenerational Perceptions and Beliefs, by Rochelle L. Dalla and Wendy C. Gamble
- Half Lives of Reagan`s Indian Policy: Marketing Nuclear Waste to American Indians, by Randel D. Hanson
- Making the Case for Culture in Economic Development: A Cross-Section Analysis of Western Tribes, by Kathleen Pickering and David Mushinski
- Free and Informed Consent in Research Involving Native American Communities, by Nathalie Piquemal
- Belated Justice? The Indian Claims Commission and the Waitangi Tribunal, by David Wishart
- A Reply to Bruce E. Johansen`s "Data or Dogma?", by Robert L. Berner
- Robert L. Berner`s "Howlers": A Reply, by Bruce E. Johansen and Donald A. Grinde Jr.
- Ashes Ethereal: Cremation in the Americas, by Jay Miller
- The Day Kekaiax Lost His Salmon but Found a Little Light, by Duane Niatum
- Hole, by Robert Nazarene
- The Loup-Garou, by Robert Nazarene
- Netherland, by Robert Nazarene
- The High Horse, by Robert Nazarene
- Americuda, by Robert Nazarene
- American Indian Stereotypes in the World of Children: A Reader and Bibliography, by Arlene Hirschfelder, Pauline Fairbanks Molin, and Yvonne Wakim. Reviewed by Jaye T. Darby
- The Changing Presentation of the American Indian: Museums and Native Cultures, edited by W. Richard West. Reviewed by Nancy Marie Mithlo
- Contemporary American Indian Writing: Unsettling Literature, by Dee Horne. Reviewed by Melissa Hearn
- Creek Religion and Medicine. By John R. Swanton, introduction by James T. Carson. Reviewed by Timothy Aleck Petete
- The First Global War: Britain, France, and the Fate of North America, 1756–1775, by William R. Nester. Reviewed by Gavin Taylor
- The Indian Southwest, 1580–1830: Ethnogenesis and Reinvention, by Gary Clayton Anderson. Reviewed by Margaret D. Jacobs
- Inigo of Rancho Polsomi: The Life and Times of a Mission Indian, by Laurence H. Shoup and Randall T. Milliken. Reviewed by Zo Devine
- The Price of a Gift: A Lakota Healer`s Story, by Gerald Mohatt and Joseph Eagle Elk. Reviewed by Kenneth Wade
- The Scalpel and the Silver Bear: The First Navajo Woman Surgeon Combines Western Medicine and Traditional Healing, by Lori Arviso Alvord and Elizabeth Cohen Van Pelt. Reviewed by Jennie R. Joe
- Throwing Fire at the Sun, Water at the Moon, by Anita Endrezze. Reviewed by Philip Heldrich
- Where the Pavement Ends: Five Native American Plays, by William S. Yellow Robe Jr. Reviewed by William A. Lang
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.