To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 23, No. 3 (1999) Special Edition -- Disease, Health, and Survival Among Native Americans
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Introduction, by Clifford E. Trafzer and Diane Weiner
- The Urban Tradition, by Jack Forbes
- The Embodiment of a Working Identity: Power and Process in Rarámuri Ritual Healing, by Jerome M. Levi
- Blood Came from Their Mouths: Tongva and Chumash Responses to the Pandemic of 1801, by Edward D. Castillo
- Removing the Heart of the Choctaw People: Indian Removal from a Native Perspective, by Donna L. Akers
- Infant Mortality on the Yakama Indian Reservation, 1914–1964, by Clifford E. Trafzer
- "In the Fall of the Year We Were Troubled with Some Sickness": Typhoid Fever Deaths, Sherman Institute, 1904, by Jean A. Keller
- Blinded with Science: American Indians, the Office of Indian Affairs, and the Federal Campaign against Trachoma, 1924–1927, by Todd Benson
- American Indian Views of Public Health Nursing, 1930–1950, by Nancy Reifel
- Ethnogenetics: Interpreting Ideas about Diabetes and Inheritance, by Diane Weiner
- Applying Medical Anthropology: Developing Diabetes Education and Prevention Programs in American Indian Cultures, by Brooke Olson
- American Indian Breast Cancer Project: Educational Development and Implementation, by Felicia Schanche Hodge and John Casken
- American Indian and Alaska Native Cancer Data Issues, by Linda Burhansstipanov, James W. Hampton, and Martha J. Tenney
- The Origins of Navajo Youth Gangs, by Eric Henderson, Stephen J. Kunitz, and Jerrold E. Levy
- Self-Sufficiency, Personal Empowerment, and Community Revitalization: The Impact of a Leadership Program on American Indians in the Southwest, by Jeanette Hassin and Robert S. Young
- Helplessness, Hopelessness, and Despair: Identifying the Precursors to Indian Youth Suicide, by Troy Johnson and Holly Tomren
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.