To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 22, No. 3 (1998) Special Edition -- Farming and Ranching in Reservation Economies
Guest Editors: Tracy J. Andrews and Castle McLaughlin
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Introduction, by Castle McLaughlin and Tracy J. Andrews
- Indian Agriculture, United States Agriculture, and Sustainable Agriculture: Science and Advocacy, by David A. Cleveland
- Crops, Cattle, and Capital: Agrarian Political Ecology in Canyons de Chelly and del Muerto, by Tracy J. Andrews
- Cowboys and Indians: Creek and Seminole Stock Raising, 1700–1900, by Richard A. Sattler
- Nation, Tribe, and Class: The Dynamics of Agrarian Transformation on the Fort Berthold Reservation, by Castle McLaughlin
Economic Development Article
- Managing Tribal Assets: Developing Long-Term Strategic Plans, by Joseph S. Anderson and Dean Howard Smith
- Gaming and Recent American Indian Economic Development, by Joseph G. Jorgensen
- Intertribal Agriculture Council Perspectives on the History and Current Status of American Indian Agriculture, by Gregory E. Smitman
- Sovereignty and Nation-Building: The Development Challenge in Indian Country Today, by Stephen Cornell and Joseph P. Kalt
- Bringing Back Our Lost Language, by Strong Woman and Moondancer
- American Indian Ballerinas, by Lili Cockerille Livingston. Reviewed by Margaret Jacobs
- An Annotated Listing of Ojibwa Chiefs, 1690–1890, compiled by John A. ("Jake") Ilko, Jr. Reviewed by Rebecca Kugel
- The Arbitrary Indian: The Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990, by Gail K. Sheffield. Reviewed by Leona M. Zastrow
- Bella Bella: A Season of Heiltsuk Art, by Martha Black. Reviewed by Alan Hoover
- The Cambridge History of The Native Peoples of America, Volume 1, Parts 1 and 2, edited by Bruce G. Trigger and Wilcomb E. Washburn. Reviewed by Troy Johnson
- Elusive Empires: Constructing Colonialism in the Ohio Valley, 1673–1800, by Eric Hinderaker. Reviewed by Louise A. Breen
- ...From Time Immemorial: Indigenous Peoples and State Systems, by Richard J. Perry. Reviewed by Brian Alan Baker
- The Iroquois Restoration: Iroquois Diplomacy on the Colonial Frontier, 1701–1754, by Richard Aquila. Reviewed by Mary Druke Becker
- Life, Letters & Speeches. By George Copway (Kahgegagahbowh), edited by A. LaVonne Brown Ruoff and Donald B. Smith. Reviewed by Christopher Vecsey
- Now the Wolf Has Come: The Creek Nation in the Civil War, by Christine Schultz White and Benton R. White. Reviewed by Mary Young
- Our Hearts Fell to the Ground: Plains Indian Views of How the West Was Lost, edited by Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Donald J. Berthrong
- Paleoindian Geoarcheology of the Southern High Plains, by Vance T. Holliday. Reviewed by Alan J. Osborn
- Pueblo Indian Painting. Tradition and Modernism in New Mexico, 1900–1930, by J. J. Brody. Reviewed by Cornelia Feye
- Red Cloud: Warrior-Statesman of the Lakota Sioux, by Robert W. Larson. Reviewed by Raymond Wilson
- Red Earth: A Vietnam Warrior`s Journey, by Philip H. Red Eagle. Reviewed by Karren Baird-Olson
- She`s Tricky Like Coyote: Annie Miner Peterson. An Oregon Coast Indian Woman, by Lionel Youst. Reviewed by Helen M. Bannan
- Sloan: A Paleoindian Dalton Cemetery in Arkansas, by Dan F. Morse. Reviewed by G. Edward Evans
- Speaking for the Generations: Native Writers on Writing, edited by Simon Ortiz. Reviewed by Ernest Stromberg
- The Ute Indians of Colorado in the Twentieth Century, by Richard K. Young. Reviewed by Melissa A. Pflug
- Wild Justice: The People of Geronimo vs. the United States, by Michael Lieder and Jake Page. Reviewed by John Anthony Turcheneske, Jr.
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.