To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 21, No. 2 (1997)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Christianity and Empire: A Case Study of American Protestant Colonialism and Native Americans, by Robert Craig
- New Warriors, New Legends: Basketball in Three Native American Works of Fiction, by Peter Donahue
- Julian Steward and the Politics of Representation: A Critique of Anthropologist Julian Steward's Ethnographic Portrayals of the American Indians of the Great Basin, by Ned Blackhawk
- The Anomaly of Judicial Activism in Indian Country, by James J. Lopach
- A Sign in the Sky: Dating the League of the Haudenosaunee, by Barbara A. Mann and Jerry L. Fields
- Native Media's Communities, by Steven Leuthold
- Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus among American Indians: A Problem in Human Ecology, by Jason S. Shapiro
- The Influence of Alcohol Use and Crime Stereotypicality on Culpability Assignment for Native Americans and European Americans, by Cynthia Willis Esqueda and Kristin Swanson
- Chitty Harjo, by Charles Brashear
- American Indian Law Deskbook: Conference of Western Attorneys General, edited by Nicholas J. Spaeth, Clay Smith, and Julie Wrend. Reviewed by Paul E. Lawson
- An Assumption of Sovereignty: Social and Political Transformation Among the Florida Seminoles, 1953–1979, by Harry A. Kersey Jr. Reviewed by Sidney L. Harring
- Comanche Political History: An Ethnohistorical Perspective 1706–1875, by Thomas W. Kavanagh. Reviewed by Martha McCollough
- Coyote`s Council Fire: Contemporary Shamans on Race, Gender, and Community, by Loren Cruden. Reviewed by Jason Gilbreath
- Crow Dog: Four Generations of Sioux Medicine Men, by Leonard Crow Dog and Richard Erdoes. Reviewed by Woody Kipp
- The Epic of Qayaq: The Longest Story Ever Told by My People, by Lela Kiana Oman. Reviewed by Alan Tongret
- From Our Eyes: Learning from Indigenous Peoples, edited by Sylvia O`Meara and Douglas A. West. Reviewed by Donna Rosh
- The Heartland Chronicles, by Douglas E. Foley. Reviewed by Michael Reinschmidt
- Indian Depredation Claims, 1796–1920, by Larry C. Skogen. Reviewed by Paul E. Lawson
- Native Americans and Wage Labor: Ethnohistorical Perspectives, edited by Alice Littlefield and Martha C. Knack. Reviewed by L. Brooks Hill
- Native and Christian: Indigenous Voices on Religious Identity in the United States and Canada, edited by James Treat. Reviewed by Henry Warner Bowden
- Native Heritage: Personal Accounts by American Indians, 1790 to the Present, edited by Arlene Hirschfelder. Reviewed by Laura E. Donaldson
- Native People of Southern New England, 1500–1650, by Kathleen J. Bragdon. Reviewed by Jenny Hale Pulsipher
- Nez Perce Women in Transition, 1877–1990, by Caroline James. Reviewed by Kathleen A. Dahl
- People or Peoples; Equality, Autonomy and Self-Determination: The Issues at Stake of the International Decade of the World`s Indigenous People, by the International Centre for Human Rights and Democratic Development. Reviewed by Pat Lauderdale
- The Prehistoric Pueblo World A.D. 1150–1350, edited by Michael A. Adler. Reviewed by Alan J. Osborn
- Reuben Snake, Your Humble Serpent: Indian Visionary and Activist, by Reuben Snake, as told to Jay C. Fikes. Reviewed by Robert M. Leavitt
- Song of Rita Joe: Autobiography of a Mi`kmaq Poet, by Rita Joe, with the assistance of Lynn Henry. Reviewed by Jo-Anne Fiske
- Weavers of Tradition and Beauty: Basketmakers of the Great Basin, by Mary Lee Fulkerson. Reviewed by Ann Storey
- Western Abenaki Dictionary, by Dr. Gordon M. Day. Reviewed by J. Randolph Valentine
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.