To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 21, No. 1 (1997)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Aboriginal Peoples and Quebec: Competing for Legitimacy as Emergent Nations, by Russel Lawrence Barsh
- The Community Development Quota Program: Inequity and Failure in Privatization Policy, by Kacy Collons Keys
- Whose Voices Count? Oral Sources and Twentieth-Century American Indian History, by James LaGrand
- The Individual, the Collective, and the Tribal Code, by Bruce Miller
- The INS and the Singular Status of North American Indians, by Marian L. Smith
- Rethinking Cherokee Acculturation: Women`s Resistance to Agrarian Capitalism and Cultural Change, 1800–1838, by Wilma A. Dunaway
- Laguna Woman: An Annotated Leslie Silko Bibliography, by William DiNome
- The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, by Steve Pavlik
- Aboriginal Voices: American Indian, Inuit and Sami Theater, by Per Brask and William Morgan. Reviewed by Shirley Hauck
- Alaskan Eskimo Life in the 1890`s As Sketched by Native Artists, by George Phebus, Jr. Reviewed by Nelson H. Graburn
- A Place Called Grand Canyon: Contested Geographies, by Barbara J. Moorehouse. Reviewed by George H. Van Otten
- Bitterness Road—The Mohave: 1604–1860, by Lorraine Miller. Reviewed by Edward D. Castillo
- Eye Killers, by A. A. Carr. Reviewed by Melissa Hearn
- Inuit: Glimpses of an Arctic Past, by David Morrison and Georges-Hébert Germain. Reviewed by James H. Ducker
- Ke-ma-ha: The Omaha Stories of Francis La Flesche, with an introduction by James W. Parins and Daniel E. Littlefield, Jr. Reviewed by Jarold Ramsey
- Killing the White Man`s Indian, by Fergus M. Bordewich. Reviewed by Robert M. Leavitt
- Native American Writing in the Southeast: An Anthology 1875–1935, by Daniel F. Littlefield Jr. and James W. Parins. Reviewed by Cynthia R. Kasee
- Paths of Life: American Indians of the Southwest and Northern Mexico, edited by Thomas E. Sheridan and Nancy J. Parezo. Reviewed by Mark E. Miller
- Tales from the Dena: Indian Stories from the Tanana, Koyukuk, and the Yukon Rivers, by Frederica de Laguna. Reviewed by Shirley Hauck
- The First American Frontier: Transition to Capitalism in Southern Appalachia, 1700–1860, by Wilma A. Dunaway. Reviewed by Thomas D. Hall
- The Miami Indians of Indiana: A Persistent People 1654–1994, by Stewart Rafert. Reviewed by Susan Sleeper-Smith
- The Navajos in 1705: Rogue Madrid`s Campaign Journal, edited, annotated, and translated by Rick Hendricks and John P. Wilson. Reviewed by William H. Lyon
- The Oglala People 1841–1879: A Political History, by Catherine Price. Reviewed by Thomas Biolsi
- The Raven Steals the Light, by Bill Reid and Robert Bringhurst. Reviewed by Shirley Hauck
- The Trail of Tears Across Missouri, by Joan Gilbert. Reviewed by Christopher Everett
- Since Predator Came: Notes From the Struggle for American Indian Liberation, by Ward Churchil. Reviewed by Laurie Ann Whitt
- Visions of America Since 1492, edited by Deborah L. Madsen. Reviewed by Brian W. Dippie
- When the Wind Was a River: Aleut Evacuation in World War II, by Dean Kohlhoff. Reviewed by Orit Tamir
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.