To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 20, No. 4 (1996)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Nether World of Neither World: Hybridization in the Literature of Wendy Rose, by Karen Tongson-McCall
- The Problem of Imported Culture: The Construction of Contemporary Stó:lo Identity, by Thomas McIlwraith
- Claiming Memory in British Columbia: Aboriginal Rights and the State, by Fae L. Korsmo
- Liminality and Myth in Native American Fiction: Ceremony and The Ancient Child, by Karen L. Wallace
- "The Crossroads of Destiny": The NCAI`s Landmark Struggle to Thwart Coercive Termination, by Thomas W. Cowger
- Locke and the Dispossession of the American Indian, by Kathy Squadrito
- The Powwow as a Public Arena for Negotiating Unity and Diversity in American Indian Life, by Mark Mattern
- Black Elk`s Religion: The Sun Dance and Lakota Catholicism, by Clyde Holler. Reviewed by Lee Irwin
- The Canoe Rocks: Alaska`s Tlingit and the Euramerican Frontier, 1800–1912, by Ted C. Hinckley. Reviewed by David Arnold
- The Cherokee Cases: The Confrontation of Law and Politics, by Jill Norgren. Reviewed by John Shaw
- Disease and Social Diversity: The European Impact on the Health of Non-Europeans, by Stephen J. Kunitz. Reviewed by Diane Weiner
- Education for Extinction: American Indians and the Boarding School Experience, 1875–1928, by David Wallace Adams. Reviewed by Clyde Ellis
- Grateful Prey: Rock Cree Human-Animal Relationships, by Robert Brightman. Reviewed by Andrew C. Isenberg
- Mental Health among Elderly Native Americans, by James L. Narduzzi. Reviewed by Karina L. Walters
- Mi`kmaq Hieroglyphic Prayers: Readings in North America`s First Indigenous Script, edited and translated by David L. Schmidt and Murdena Marshall. Reviewed by Willard Walker
- Native American Affairs and the Department of Defense, by Donald Mitchell and David Rubenson. Reviewed by Troy R. Johnson
- Neither Wolf nor Dog: American Indians, Environment, and Agrarian Change, by David Rich Lewis. Reviewed by Tracy J. Andrews
- The Osage and the Invisible World: From the Works of Francis La Flesche, edited by Garrick A. Bailey. Reviewed by Thomas H. Lewis
- Our Tellings: Interior Salish Stories of the Nlha7kapmx People, compiled and edited by Darwin Hanna and Mamie Henry. Reviewed by Crisca Bierwert
- Planning for Balanced Development: A Guide for Native American and Rural Communities, by Susan Guyette. Reviewed by Ross Mallick
- The Pueblo Revolt of 1680, Conquest and Resistance in Seventeenth-Century New Mexico, by Andrew L. Knaut. Reviewed by Joe S. Sando
- Severing the Ties that Bind: Government Repression of Indigenous Religious Ceremonies on the Prairies, by Katherine Pettipas. Reviewed by James Treat
- Signals in the Air: Native Broadcasting in America, by Michael C. Keith. Reviewed by Douglas Heil
- Spanish Expeditions into Texas, 1689–1768, by William C. Foster. Reviewed by Donald E. Worcester
- Through All the Displacements: Poems by Edgar Gabriel Silex, by Edgar Gabriel Silex. Reviewed by Roseanne Hoefel
- Town Creek Indian Mound: A Native American Legacy, by Joffre Lanning Coe. Reviewed by Peter N. Peregrine
- The Way of the Earth: Native America and the Environment, by John Bierhorst. Reviewed by Ronald E. Craig
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.