To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 20, No. 3 (1996) Special Edition -- The Shadowcatcher: The Uses of Native American Photography
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Preface, by Ira Jacknis
- Alfred Kroeber and the Photographic Representation of California Indians, by Ira Jacknis
- Shadow Catchers or Shadow Snatchers? Ethical Issues for Photographers of Contemporary Native Americans, by Lee Philip Brumbaugh
- Marking Oneself: Use of Photographs by Native Americans of the Southern Northwest Coast, by Carolyn J. Marr
- Photographing the Navajo: Scanning Abuse, by James C. Faris
- Navajo Photography, by Monty Roessel
- Photography as Social and Economic Exchange: Understanding the Challenges Posed by Photography of Zuni Religious Ceremonies, by Nigel Holman
- High-Speed Film Captures the Vanishing Americans, in Living Color, by Rick Hill
- Images across Boundaries: History, Use, and Ethics of Photographs of American Indians, by Willow Roberts Powes
- Annotated Bibliography: Louise Erdrich's Love Medicine, The Beet Queen, and Tracks: An Annotated Survey of Criticism through 1994, by Debra A. Burdick
- Three Bulls Views the Portrait of Columbus, by John Woodrow Presley
- Three Bulls at the Ethnobotany Lecture, by John Woodrow Presley
- Coyote Dreams, by John Woodrow Presley
- All My Sins Are Relatives, by William S. Penn. Reviewed by Michelle R. Kloppenburg
- Aniyunwiya/Real Human Beings: An Anthology of Contemporary; Cherokee Prose, edited by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by Melissa Hearn
- Becoming and Remaining a People: Native American Religions on the Northern Plains, by Howard L. Harrod. Reviewed by L.G. Moses
- Comparing the Policy of Aboriginal Assimilation: Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, by Andrew Armitage. Reviewed by Frederick H. White
- Eagle Transforming: The Art of Robert Davidson, by Ulli Steltzer and Robert Davidson. Reviewed by Barbara Iliff Brotherton
- Grass Games and Moon Races: California Indian Games and Toys, by Jeannine Gendar. Reviewed by Rebecca Dobkins
- The Great Canoes: Reviving a Northwest Coast Tradition, by David Neel. Reviewed by Chris B. Wooley
- Issues in Native American Cultural Identity, edited by Michael K. Green. Reviewed by Ward Churchill
- The Lightning Stick: Arrows, Wounds, and Indian Legends, by H. Henrietta Stockel. Reviewed by Raymond Wilson
- Native American Communities in Wisconsin, 1600–1960: A Study of Tradition and Change, by Robert E. Bieder. Reviewed by Edmund J. Danziger, Jr.
- Paul Kane`s Great Nor-West, by Diane Eaton and Sheila Urbanek. Reviewed by Jennifer McLerran
- The Porcupine Hunter and Other Stories: The Original Tsimshian Texts of Henry Tate, transcribed and annotated by Ralph Maud. Reviewed by Bethany Phillips
- Relocating Eden: The Image and Politics of Inuit Exile in the Canadian Arctic, by Alan Rudolph Marcus. Reviewed by Ronald K. Inouye
- Returning to the Homeland: Cherokee Poetry and Short Stories, by MariJo Moore. Reviewed by Cynthia R. Kasee
- Seven Hands, Seven Hearts, by Elizabeth Woody. Reviewed by Rosanne M. Gill
- Themes in Southwest Prehistory, edited by George J. Gumerman. Reviewed by G. Edward Evans
- Where White Men Fear to Tread: The Autobiography of Russell Means, by Russell Means, with Marvin J. Wolf. Reviewed by Dave Gonzales
- Winter of the Holy Iron, by Joseph Marshall III. Reviewed by Debbie Burdick
- Women and Power in Native North America, edited by Laura P. Klein and Lillian A. Ackerman. Reviewed by Bea Medicine
- You Can`t Get There from Here: The Mystique of North American Plains Indians` Culture and Philosophy, by John Friesen. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.